Home Cigar 101

Humidor recs?

asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
I'm getting back into this hobby after a lengthy absence, and am looking for a decent mid-size humidor. I've been looking at the JFK Humidor:

http://www.cigar.com/humidors/38442/jfk-humidor/

Anyone have experience/thoughts on this one?

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad little setup. A few guys here will highly recommend just getting a cooler... lol ;-) Im not sure how many cigars you are looking to have in your humidor, I might recommend a larger capacity. My '150' count humidor holds about 75 with little room left over for my humidification devices. I would think that one would be closer to an actual count of 30-40... but I cant be positive.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it.
    Mine is different.
    I use a cooler strictly for box storage. once the box gets opened it goes in the humi.
    I smoke a bunch and I'm a social guy, if a friend visits to get beat at pool or play some ps4 with me I want them to indulge in a cigar with me, if the so choose. So I have 2 humi's with display glass so they can pick a stick. I also have a small ugly closed box where I hide my good stuff. It has stickers and all kind of props on top of it to draw attention away. Don't get me wrong I share frome this box too, just usually with forum friends.
    Looks like a great choice for a box, but get a cooler for back up.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Just remember, buy a larger humidor than you think you need.
    How do make this text turn upside down?
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Just remember, buy a larger humidor than you think you need.

^^^^^^^ I cant agree with that comment enough.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're thinking desktop, let me suggest you look into Savoy humidors.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis