Home Cigar 101
Options

Cigar cutters

Ok, I've got a xikar cutter kind of a tear drop shape, and then I have a couple plastic cutters. I'm starting to notice they aren't cutting very well anymore ie. tears or not cleanly cut, maybe because im not coordinated enough to squeeze evenly. I'm thinking of getting a table top cutter, was looking for some feedback on them...thanks ladies and gentlemen 

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar has a lifetime warranty that you can send it in and the sharpen or replace the blades for no cost.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clean mine every few months, it cuts like new every time.  There was a thread about it a long time ago. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    BroncoKingsBroncoKings Posts: 34
    Xikar has a lifetime warranty that you can send it in and the sharpen or replace the blades for no cost.
    Oh wow, thank you for the info
  • Options
    BroncoKingsBroncoKings Posts: 34

I clean mine every few months, it cuts like new every time.  There was a thread about it a long time ago. 
    I'll give it a shot,  thanks 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qtip and rubbing alcohol.  Some people swear by cutting with the cello still on. Supposedly it keeps the blades sharp. But I never think of it until I've already pulled off the cello. 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I've ever herd for cutting with cello was sanitation, so in a group you can ensure noone has licked their cap first.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the cello routine with my Xikar.  I really haven't noticed a difference one way or the other.

I do love the cutter though, it's my favorite.

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow, thank you for the info
    Xikar requires you to fill out a form you print off (from their site), fill it out, mail it and that's it.  They have about a 14 day turnaround. I just got my cutter resharpened. Took 9 days from the time I mailed it to when it was in my hand again.

Simple process. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I touch up my cutters edges with a small round diamond hone.