Home General Discussion

Is anyone else having problems with consistency from Crowned Heads La Imperiosa?

youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Crowned Heads La Imperiosa Poll

Sometimes they smoke great, but sometimes it's a nightmare. Have you had any of these issues? Any particular vitola? I have had the least problems with the "Dukes" size. I really think they rushed this one tbh.
ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico

Is anyone else having problems with consistency from Crowned Heads La Imperiosa? 7 votes

Cigar was "young" or "wet", causing tunneling / burn issues.
0%
Cigar was "plugged" or had an unsmokeable draw.
42%
curtpickblutattooavengethis 3 votes
Cigar had occasional touch-ups.
0%
Cigar had a few too many touch-ups.
0%
Cigar went out repeatedly.
14%
youngryan216 1 vote
Cigar smoked like a dream - great construction
42%
rsherman24EulogyNolagizmo 3 votes

Comments

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had any problems with CH.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a box of the dukes and so far all have smoked great, even the one I smoked rott.  I do feel as though they are a little young, this could be causing some issues.  This is just my opinion.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed, will try to pay attention the next time. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Young / wet .... what smoke is this again? #musttry
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryan, if you would just stick to RP's you wouldn't have this problem.  :smile: 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Giving up on them. More than 25% of my last box was completely plugged an unsmokeable
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get 5ers of the magicos and I haven't had an issue yet. I've smoked 2 fivers at least. Got 3 or 4 left I will put 1 in today's line up and see if I have any issues. So far I have enjoyed at least 10 of these in various vitolas as well as over 7 magicos because I think I bombed 3 out. Loved em all. I've had plugged cigars from other makers, they usually get thrown out in less than 10 mins.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall its been alright.  I have smoked probably 5 of the Corona Gorda size and 1 was unsmokable because it was so tight, the other one I had an issue with was tight but after a draw tool and some rolling in the fingers it loosened up.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :Had one Tue night, Very tight draw, to the point where I could see a lot of people giving up. I need to remember to bring these down to around 60-63rh and see if they will loosen up.