Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Finally! Triumphant return to my passion.

skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
 It's been a long arduous journey, after knee surgery and shoulder surgery, and lots of painful rehab. But last week, I finally got back to the sky, after 10 grueling months off.   If you look closely enough, you might just see Nick's house LOL (Black suit with red trim.)

http://youtu.be/nVJtLo8LH-w

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          

Comments

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good Darrin!

What height was the jump from?

I thought it was cool that the plane had a 'Skydive Chicago' sticker. Are all jump planes marked with skydiving stickers?

Totally off subject, but it is crazy how everyone has a GoPro now in all the extreme sports. But then again I started mountain biking back in the day of VCRs and bulky camera equipment
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Nearly a minute of free fall so I'd guess 10,000 ft.?

Now I really want to go again.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it was great seeing you while you were here.... Wait
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    jarubla said:
    Looks good Darrin!

What height was the jump from?

I thought it was cool that the plane had a 'Skydive Chicago' sticker. Are all jump planes marked with skydiving stickers?

Totally off subject, but it is crazy how everyone has a GoPro now in all the extreme sports. But then again I started mountain biking back in the day of VCRs and bulky camera equipment
    You mean you didn't duct tape a 20lb camcorder to your helmet?  Lol
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    LOL. Nick. 

Altitude was 13,500 feet. I pulled my chute at about 4500. 

That plane is owned by skydive Chicago, and since it's the off-season here in Chicago, they rented out to other dropstones across country. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting about them renting it out. Makes sense to make some $ on the off season
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing video! Must be a huge rush!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shoot I don't even get on a plane without a couple shots of whiskey. I'd need the whole bottle for that. Glad your able to get back to something you love brother.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wow, that looks like a blast and what a beautiful location.