Home Cigar 101

Morning Cigar

WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the weekends the morning is my time. The wife and kids sleep in but I get up around 6am, make a carafe of coffee and go outside, just relax and take it all in.

Any suggestions on a good cigar that goes well with coffee?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
— Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Ave Maria morning star
    nub Cameroon 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @reggie713 and @peter4jc both have good suggestions. Another one is the Varina Farms Breakfast blend.  B)
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I'm a fan of a good broadleaf... la Casita Criolla 1st thing it's my favorite everyday cigar especially to start my day with.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the suggestions! Now it's time to get some new cigars  :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the milder cigars in the morning and from time to time, I enjoy a coffee infused cigar.
    @YankeeMan Haven't tried any coffee infused yet. Any suggestions?
    — Abraham Lincoln

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew estates Java ftw
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Ftw?
    — Abraham Lincoln

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was Wayne's age it was F*ck The World, often a tatoo for the self-proclaimed outcast.  But I'm guessing he meant For The Win.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Makes sense  :)
    — Abraham Lincoln

lol, for the win.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like a good Connecticut with coffee.  A few of my favorites would be the AJ New World Connecticut, Perdomo Lot 23 and My Father Connecticut.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recovering from snow shoveling/snow blowing with a Cuesta-Rey Cabinet No. 95 Cameroon (Corona) and a large mug of city roast Columbian.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabak Especiale.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I can't even remember the last time I enjoyed a morning smoke. Last summer some time. 
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    yep in the NW Indiana territory you kiss morning smokes outside adios from November thru the middle of March unless you can smoke inside. 
    Saturday am cigar. Love this time of year here

— Abraham Lincoln

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial robusto
    Thank you @Wylaff for the suggestion. I'll Let you know what I think

— Abraham Lincoln

It does taste like a freaking latte with cream and a touch of sugar. Very enjoyable in the morning.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:
    Thank you @Wylaff for the suggestion. I'll Let you know what I think

If you've not gotten around to it yet give the Taback Especiale a try. It's like sucking on a chocolate bar while sipping coffee.