Home Cigar 101
Options

Cigar cooler humidty problem

Rico54Rico54 Posts: 2
I have a NewAir CC280E cigar cooler that I can't seem to keep the humidity up inside . . I have 3 bags of heartfelt bead, the large Cigar Oasis, and 2 jars of crytals and the best I can get is 66% . . .Does anyone have suggestions or advice? 

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you have a lot of different things that are probably all competing against each other.  You dont need the oasis or the jars.  Just go with the beads (how much weight do you have in beads).
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh an 66% is actually a good humidity level.  Anything from 62-70% is satisfactory.  I actually prefer mine at 65%.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Is The cooler empty? If it's empty the beads may be the main variable. The beads might be too dry. They may be soaking up moisture. I would not add moisture to the beads. I would say remove the beads and see what happens. Above all, you gotta be sure your hygrometer is accurate. Welcome to the forum :)

P.S. I wasn't paying attention but Brad pointed it out and I agree. 66% is good in my book. And, come to think of it, he's right about using the beads alone too. 

• Options
    Rico54Rico54 Posts: 2
    OK . . I will try just using the beads and see what happens . . didn't realize too many devices could would against,rather than in conjuction with each other
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66 rh is perfectly fine. Are you using a digital hygrometer? If your using the one that came inside you are in for a surprise. Get a digital hygrometer. I have 2 digitals in my large Wynter and one in my small Newair
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you season it?
    Money can't buy taste