Home Non Cigar Related

My Apologies! (I Should be in the Clear Now)

CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
I thought my apology to you guys deserved a separate topic.

First off, let me state, I am truly sorry for delaying Think Same and not providing regular updates. This could not have come up at a more inconvenient time. As some of you may know from my brief mention in my think same post, my lab at PSU was wrecked by some dumbass undergrads, who thought they were doing research. Ever since coming back from Kolkata, I have been trying to suppress the collateral damage. I also think you deserve an explanation for my severe inactivity.

Since my return, I have been attending meeting after meeting with various agencies, advisers and department heads. When I am not in meetings I am prepping evidence, statements, papers about lab activity. This leaves me with no time for sleep let alone the Ccom forum. 

I enjoy conversing with you guys on here but sometimes my career takes priority over everything. Emergencies do occur and I do hope you understand my actions or lack thereof on this forum.

As of right now, I have dealt with most of the situations and I should be more active.

Thank you.
How do make this text turn upside down?
Tagged:

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries at all. Life takes precedence.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens to everyone at some point bro
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No apologies needed take care
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did Calcutta get obfuscated into Kolkata? I musta missed the memo. In Bengali, it would be squiggledesquigglesquig, so what's the point of swapping a known transliteration for a googlethismess?

The most befuddled transliterations, of course, are what the old French priests did to Chinese. Almost as bad as Illinois.

So what fascinating research is Penn State doing over there?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem, life is a marathon not a sprint. 
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    On the plane, I received a briefing on proper Indian etiquette and they stressed referring to the city as Kolkata. 

As for research, I am working on fluid dynamics of supercritical fluids and the role they play in processes for chemical manufacturing of polymers.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a perfect world we could all sit back, relax with a cigar and beer and chat. Not everyone can sit and do nothing all day and get payed like me. But I'm thinking of yall that's why I'm voting for Bernie  ;)
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need for that silly talk! 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    What did those little b@stards do to you lab? 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Life first my friend. I say we egg the hell out of the noobs who screwed up your lab.  We're going streaking!!!
    Well I am back after another day of bureaucratic meetings. They ended a little short today! lol

What did those little b@stards do to you lab? 
    The short story: They broke an expensive machine and contaminated my chemical processing system.

The details:

I work with fluid dynamics and supercritical fluids. A supercritcal fluid is a substance that is neither gas or liquid. We define it was a fluid. What makes the instruments I work with valuable is because they can change pressure and temperature to the 100,000th degree Celsius. That kind of precision makes for an extremely expensive piece of tech. Also such small changes in temp and pressure can cause drastic differences in the density of the substance I am working with. 

This instrument is attached to a larger chemical processing system where I try to use the supercritical fluids as solvents for chemical reactions. By controlling temp and pressure of the solvent I can fine tune the reaction to get a very high and clean yield of product. Since the instrument went to ****, the chemical process in my lab could have undergone dangerous unseen chemical reactions. That is what PSU was worried about.

So, some undergrad students were using an NMR spectometer instrument in my lab (which they shouldn't have) to ID a compound they synthesized. But of course, some horseplay occurred and they hit my instruments sending everything to hell. So I have been sitting through meetings with the school official, lawyers, Merck representatives (they fund my research), professors, and department head to try to sort all this out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    edited February 2016
    sounds like you make awesome blue Meth. 

Not making light of the fvck yards or your hardware and dedication. 
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short you learned to speak Greek 
    james40 said:
    sounds like you make awesome blue Meth. 

Not making light of the fvck yards or your hardware and dedication. 
    Unfortunately, chemist do that stuff. As an chemical engineer I only make the process more efficient, cheaper and better. lol

kswildcat said:
    In short you learned to speak Greek 
    It's really much more boring than it sound like lol