Home Cigar 101

Brick house "mighty-mighty" inconsistencies

2 months ago I purchased a box of 25 Brickhouse "mighty-mighty" one of my favorite current cigars from my local cigar store. Every stick in the box was a pleasure to smoke. Then I purchased a Bundle of 25 of the same exact cigars from Cigar.com. I was disappointed. The sticks did not live up to the boxed cigars. The cigars were poor construction, burned unevenly and even didn't taste the same. It didn't have the flavor nor "thrill" I was accustomed to. Is it possible that cigar distributors take seconds and put the labels of the order requested?? there was a $50.00 difference between the bundled cigars and the Boxed cigars. Has anyone has the same experience?

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    The brick house Fumas is not the same as the brick house
    Post edited by Wylaff on
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I agree with @Wylaff.... The following was copied from C.com's description of the Brick House Fumas:

You’d be hard-pressed to find a better cigar at a lower price than Brick House. JC Newman is bringing even more value to the table with their new release, Brick House Fumas.

Brick House Fumas are handmade in Nicaragua and contain a mixed-filler blend of the same tobaccos contained in the current Brick House. Brick House Fumas are medium to full-bodied with top-notch construction and balanced notes of cream, cedar, and spice.

End of copy. If you'll notice, the part about 'mixed filler blend' usually means it's made of the clippings and leftovers of the principal cigar. I wouldn't expect the Fumas to taste like the original Brick House... 
    B) 

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Welcome to the ccom forum.

I'm curious as to which bundle you purchased. I'm looking for the product you mentioned but I don't see any bundles of 25. (Maybe it was a special or closeout and are no longer available.) I do see the Brick House Fumas in bundles of 20. Those are not the same cigar as the regular Brick House.

The distributor would not be switching labels.

Can you provide more info as to the exact bundle you bought? 

Have you called customer service? They are very helpful and will most likely offer you a reasonable solution. They want you to be happy. 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Hhhmmmmm $50 off and they are not the same?! Yeah just pay the price and get what you want. Vitolas always differ so uuuummmmm yeah a Gordo is not the same taste as say a corona. Not trying to be a ahole but seriously what do you expect for that price difference especially from brick house which IMO is a well taste is taste
    Money can't buy taste