Home Ratings & Reviews

Cedar spills are the ultimate luxury

I was at a resort in Missouri when I was first introduced it lighting a cigar with a cedar spill> I'm used to using a 3 or 4 jet torch but I lot iced improved flavor. Nothing was scorched and the lady friend I was with thought it was a fun and sexy way to participate without smoking herself

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the spill method, difficult in the wind, but nice inside or on a calm night.
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Bill.vanBill.van Posts: 2
    I was born 10 years too late my older friends talk about eating steaks and smoking cigars at the table, God that would be amazing
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill.van said:
    I was born 10 years too late my older friends talk about eating steaks and smoking cigars at the table, God that would be amazing
    It was. 

In a free country, this would be left up to the restaurant owner. 

Sadly, we're much more interested in marching in lock-step and collectively picking on whatever group has most recently been deemed evil, and is small enough not to be able to defend itself.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have a place where you can do that... and they have cedar spills too! Joey D's Cigar Lounge is 3 blocks from my house. Restaurant is upstairs and the cigar lounge and full service bar is downstairs. You can order dinner downstairs and enjoy your cigar before/with/after your meal. Best. Place. Ever.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an awesome place. Hope people don't go ruining it for you. I'm sick of these I'm offended people always looking for something to offend them.
  • ChristusRexChristusRex Posts: 8
    It was. 

In a free country, this would be left up to the restaurant owner. 

Sadly, we're much more interested in marching in lock-step and collectively picking on whatever group has most recently been deemed evil, and is small enough not to be able to defend itself.
    Amos,

There are still some places, though fewer and fewer. Mickey Mantle's in OKC you can eat a steak and smoke a stick and it is a thing of beauty. 
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    I make them out of devices works great. 
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Never got the cedar spills...ok so it looks cool?! But for flavors I think it's all in the head. People say jet lighters char too much yet cigar aficionados use them all the time. I do get that a jet and a soft flame have different times to use but cedar spills which are wicked expensive seem more like a novelty to me. Plus your lighting them with a jet or soft flame so if that "butane" really has an effect on a cigar won't it do the same to the spill??
    Money can't buy taste