Home Ratings & Reviews

Anyone have the Estate Sungrown???

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
My local B&M has this cigar... and I LOVE the VSG... but anyone had the special ESG? It's $23... so I'm not gonna buy it if it's just hype...

Nate

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    23 at cigar.com? really? i havent looked at that one i guess. they tend to over price them purely to keep them in stock longer. people will still buy them. they are in demand. Ill lok at my B&M because i know they have the VSG. my local B&M is very high end. a bunch of davidoff, ashton, fuente, gurkha and the like. i cant really afford to go there much.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    23 at cigar.com? really? i havent looked at that one i guess. they tend to over price them purely to keep them in stock longer. people will still buy them. they are in demand. Ill lok at my B&M because i know they have the VSG. my local B&M is very high end. a bunch of davidoff, ashton, fuente, gurkha and the like. i cant really afford to go there much.

No, $23 at my B&M... They too have Gurkha, Davidoff, VSG, and I have an order in for Opus X there (Whenever the heck they come in!)

They have decent prices though for some stuff. I paid $15 for a VSG at a crappy B&M by my house, and this one by my work had the same size for $12... eh, who knows huh?
  • ewebeweb Posts: 20
    Have one but have not brought myself to smoke it yet will let you now when i do but Probably won’t help you much I am pretty new and not up on the review thing yet
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    eweb:
    Have one but have not brought myself to smoke it yet will let you now when i do but Probably won’t help you much I am pretty new and not up on the review thing yet

I would be happy with any review... mainly is it worth the money?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    eweb:

I would be happy with any review... mainly is it worth the money?
    agreed. just because you havent had tons of cigars in your life does not mean that you dont know if you like it or not.

ok i will most likly light it up this weekend and i will let you know so far the top picks for me have been the Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 ,Graycliff 1666,Gurkha doble maduro

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    eweb:

ok i will most likly light it up this weekend and i will let you know so far the top picks for me have been the Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 ,Graycliff 1666,Gurkha doble maduro

All three very fine selections eweb, looks like you are on a winning streak.. I haven't said it in awhile, try a Bauza by Fuentes. (better with a little age on it, about three months..)
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I keep thinking I'll try a Bauza, kas, but the onliners I frequent don't have them. Guess I'll have to find a local shop that does.
    urbino:
    I keep thinking I'll try a Bauza, kas, but the onliners I frequent don't have them. Guess I'll have to find a local shop that does.
    Hang on there too Urbi, your local post master has a couple coming to Nashville directly. Via Chicago and fun and games..
    kaspera79:
    eweb:

All three very fine selections eweb, looks like you are on a winning streak.. I haven't said it in awhile, try a Bauza by Fuentes. (better with a little age on it, about three months..)

Thanks i get some when i can find them

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    Hang on there too Urbi, your local post master has a couple coming to Nashville directly. Via Chicago and fun and games..
    You're really starting to creep me out, kas. Stop with the mind-reading, already. :) Also, "Via Chicago": great song.
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    You're really starting to creep me out, kas. Stop with the mind-reading, already. :) Also, "Via Chicago": great song.
    tossed that little comment out there for the Wilco fan. : }
  • CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    As far as the ESG, they kept putting back the release date. When they finally came out, there sure wasn't alot of them, from what I remember. If you can find them retail, yes, they are worth it. Capt