Home Cigar 101

How often should you have to recharge heartfelt beads in the winter?

johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I've been using these for about three weeks now. I have had to recharge them about once a week. Is that normal in the winter,it's very dry out here. I have two medium tubes in a 30 count glass top humidor. Over the past week I've had tape over the seal of the glass,didn't make much of a difference. The humidor is basically full, maby enough room for a few robustos. It hasn't gotten under 60%rh so I know I shouldn't freak out.
Thank you in advance for all your help 
Non Crux sed lux

Best Answers

Answers

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I want to thank everyone for the great feedback. I'll try to reseason, And go from there. I've been thinking of going plastic but I'm going to have to keep my humidor up and running. Seeing that it was a Christmas gift from the wife and kids. Don't want them to get all butt hurt. Wish they would have ordered one from c.com instead of going to the B&M for what they spent could have gotten one 3or4 times the size and probably some cigars as well.
    Oh well live and learn i guess 
    Thanks again to all you BOTL
    Non Crux sed lux
    So the story continues,after reseasoning my humidor and tryin again it seems to still be losing humidity fast. Checked all seal their not the best.after following all the advice from the BOTL on this forum got some plastic. This is what blows my mind, call local tinder box which is where the humi came from and I  take it back 2 months later,left with a new one that already seems to have a better seel. Could not believe it.
    Life is good 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear. Cudoz for them taking care of you.
    And thanks to all of you,for all the great advice. This forum is truly a great place thanks again brothers and sisters 
    Non Crux sed lux