Home Non Cigar Related
Options

A short poem

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
The following is a copy of an email I received today. I'd seen it before but decided that, this time, I'd put it out there for the benefit of any of you who haven't seen it. 

It makes no statement regarding my political affiliations - you should draw your own conclusions. I'll add nothing to it....

Short poem you won't forget:

Do you recall the President referring to the Benghazi incident as "a bump in the road?" 

Today I heard an ex-Navy Seal being interviewed on Fox News regarding a book he has written about how to handle crisis situations in our lives. 

At the end of the interview he asked if he could make a comment on Benghazi and, of course, the anchor said "yes." 

He then thanked Fox News for keeping the Benghazi story in the news, since other news organizations are not. 

He said the Seals who died deserve the public knowing the truth about the whole affair. 

The poem was written by an anonymous Marine Corps officer:  
"THE BATTLING BOYS OF BENGHAZI" 

We're the battling boys of Benghazi, 

No fame, no glory, no paparazzi. 

Just a fiery death in a blazing hell, 

Defending our country we loved so well. 

It wasn't our job, but we answered the call, 

Fought to the Consulate and scaled the wall. 

We pulled twenty countrymen from the jaws of fate 

Led them to safety and stood at the gate. 

Just the two of us and foes by the score, 

But we stood fast to bar the door. 

Three calls for reinforcement, but all were denied, 

So we fought and we fought and we fought 'til we died. 

We gave our all for our Uncle Sam, 

But Barack and Hillary didn't give a damn. 

Just two dead Seals who carried the load 

No thanks to us...we were just 

"Bumps In The Road". 

So, will this reach every American with a computer? Or do we act like the press and give a pass to the people who literally sat there in the White House and watched the Seals' execution on live streaming video and did absolutely nothing? 

"What difference does it make?" 

And she wants to be the next President!

Comments

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's awesome I've never seen that before.
    Thanks for sharing such a strong poem.
    GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY AND THEIR FAMILIES 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep thanks for sharing. Sadly I don't believe either will be judged in a court of law, but they will be judged. My only hope is it will be extremely harsh.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, that gave me chills.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I hear the movie 13hrs will make you mad as all get out. It's on my to do list
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had not seen that.  As a Dad of an Army Special Forces soldier, it made me sick!  The men and women of all branches give their all and no one at the top (politicians) seems to notice!
  • Options
    God bless him. I pray he walks with him to keep him safe.