Home Non Cigar Related

Better Half?

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, all a question for you. What does your better half, partner, do?. My other is a potter making mostly functional table wear. She has been doing this for 30 years. Her work is always in demand. About fifteen years ago she went back to school and got her masters and has been teaching ceramics at ASU part time. She also teaches English as a Second language at a community college near our small town as well as week long workshops at John Campbell Folk School. I have found if you want to piss off a potter all you have to do is tell then they make nice stuff out of dirt.
What does your better half do? 

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nana raised the grandchildren.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supports me in my various addictions and habits. She's also a full time Mom, which is more than I could ever do.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full time mom of 3 kids, handles the budget and homeschools as well. If I had to pay her what she is worth, I couldn't afford her.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurse and full time mom. Trying to get her to just be mommy. She also finds time for me, shopping and housework. The better half is amazing. I just work drink and smoke.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So mrs B is an estimater for a local maid service. Also very great to our 3 kids,and puts up with me.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    We both teach at the same school.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my wife is a potter and manages our shop. Formerly she was a scenic painter for various theaters, opera houses, etc.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://hannibal.soelden.com/urlaub/EN/SD/HAN/home/index.html

As stated by @patrickbrick I married up. My wife is head of the dance dept, at UNM. She graduated DePauw with a history degree, minor in education, and went on to Tisch at NYU to get a MFA in dance. She is an administrator, teacher, mentor, choreographer, and performer. The link above is a show sponsored by Red Bull and the town of Solden. Roughly a 2 million dollar one night show that she does some acting and all the choreography for.

The question I get is: Was this an arranged marriage or did she do it on a dare??

I am a lucky man!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife does software sales, budgets, puts me through college. Never thought that would happen at my age. I take care of cooking, cleaning and outside maintenance of Casa de Loon. I am very much looking forward to working after I graduate in June. When she travels for work I baby Clover dog! She still hates cigars.....
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Clover started on cigars; you'll have a smokin' buddy, and the two of you can out-vote the missus.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife does the same as me, Physical Therapy
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife raised the kids and ran the house while I finished my education and law enforcement career.  She is now in her last undergrad semester at ECU and will go on to get her Masters Degree in Sociology.  She wants to teach at the same community college where I teach.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife is now a stay at home mom that does a little photography to fill in the budget. She takes care of there inside chores, I do the outside.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My better half keeps the tiny humans in line, runs an etsy shop, works part time at Starbucks, and kicks a lot of ass
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch