Home Cigar 101

newbie suggestions

katjkatj Posts: 5
Hi Boys! Can anyone suggest a few mild-medium cigars for a female newbie?

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife has fallen in love with Ave Maria. They are medium strength with a lot of flavor. She often smokes the Drew Estates Java if you are interested in Infused.

But really sex has nothing to do with it. I know some women who's smokes make my eyes water.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Romeo y Juliets are mild.  San Cristobal Elegancia is a great mild smoke too.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • katjkatj Posts: 5
    Thank you!  I will order some!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    crowned heads 4 kicks and headly grange are my go to mild/medium smokes
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Ave Maria morning star,nub Cameroon 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Best Seller
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avo domains 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    No one asked what the budget is  :/
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ave Maria and the Hemingway are excellent 
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    katj said:
    Hi Boys! Can anyone suggest a few mild-medium cigars for a female newbie?
    Welcome to the forums. My vote is for the Altura Fuente sun grown rosado.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    From the limited mild to mediums I've smoked  (kinda jumped right into medium full to full)  I liked the Ave Maria imaculata. I had 1 5 Vegas classic which was pretty decent for a budget stick. 

I've liked every Romeo y Julie I've had, every Ave Marie. I've yet to try Arturo Fuente except cubanitos (I enjoy for a quick smoke)

May try the 5 Vegas gold also if your on a budget.  Haven't had a 5 Vegas I did not like
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate these questions but I love new enthusiasts. Welcome! As I ponder a recommendation (or two) I realize everything that is coming into my feeble mind is a Cameroon wrapped cigar. I hate these types of questions because everyone's opinion/commendation is their own and all other opinions/recommendations are wrong. Of course, I'm oversimplifying it but, my point is you will need to try any recommendation with a completely open mind. Lower your expectations. Answer to your own taste buds.   
    Arturo Fuente - Don Carlos
    Torano - 1916
    CAO - MX2
    These recommendations are just a needle in a haystack of possibilities, There are so many cigars to choose from. And, don't be afraid to try stronger blends. Sometimes the flavors are amazing in strong blends. Just be sure to eat a meal with plenty of carbs beforehand. If you start to feel yucky, hard candy and fluids.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong answer, @Bob_Luken!  Where do you come up with this stuff?!?!  ;)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See what I mean?
    Had a Bohemian Bamboo last night. It was way to light for me, but my wife stole it from me. So that may be one to try.

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to go wrong with the AVO and La Paulina stuff.
  • katjkatj Posts: 5
    Thank you all for your imput!!
    No problem. Why don't you stick around for a bit? Lots of great stuff on here.

• BroncoKingsBroncoKings Posts: 34
    My wife enjoys the Acid  Krush
  • SoonerFanSoonerFan Posts: 1
    I like VegaFina
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife likes CAO Moontrance for flavored, Macanudo Cafes for unflavored.  I've found Olive Connecticut Reserve to be a nice mellow cigar, although not a mild one.  Pretty much any cigar I've had that is labeled as mild and has a light Connecticut
    Shade wrapper has been good enough for my needs.

For cheaper cigars I've recently tried Don Rafael Fumas.  Mild, decent flavor and cheap, like me.  :)

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• NodakgusNodakgus Posts: 21
    Montecristo White Series - a little pricey but very good.
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    She often smokes the Drew Estates Java if you are interested in Infused.
    I'd buy those by the truck load if I could. I love coffee and I love Drew Estate. xD
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nodakgus said:
    Montecristo White Series - a little pricey but very good.
    Had one the other morning. It was good but for the price I would suggest that you try the Ave Marina Immaculata. Goes great with a cup of strong coffee :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln