Home Non Cigar Related

Duck Eggs...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Somebody just gave me a half dozen. I know they are richer than chicken eggs, and I know you can cook them the same ways (scrambled, hard boiled, fried, poached, etc). Anybody have any other good ideas or recipes for duck eggs?
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They make an awesome quiche.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experiment #1 - Duck Egg, Kilbasi, and Bacon Scramble...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks yummy 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aflac
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn it left some more and it looks like this lol. Bet is is good though.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Duck eggs are awesome. My inlaws have ducks and my MIL sells the eggs for $5 a dozen! Fun fact, if you are allergic to chicken eggs, you can still eat duck eggs.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your house is were? I just happen to be in PA..lol
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balut
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    kswildcat said:
    Your house is were? I just happen to be in PA..lol

I'm in Latrobe, about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh. Where are you in PA?
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Aflac
    Thats funny
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know how they turn out for ya done over easy or sunny side up....   B)
    edited February 2016
    @Puff_Dougie ...Portersville (sure it wasn't named after Joey)... Unloaded the last of onion sets 2.5 miles from Heinz field today. Was going to reload in Butler but forklift broke welds on trailer floor patch so maybe get fixed tomorrow or dead head back to Kansas. 
     I will get my binoculars out tomorrow to see if I can see a poof of smoke   o:)
    kswildcat said:
    @Puff_Dougie ...Portersville (sure it wasn't named after Joey)... Unloaded the last of onion sets 2.5 miles from Heinz field today. Was going to reload in Butler but forklift broke welds on trailer floor patch so maybe get fixed tomorrow or dead head back to Kansas. 
     I will get my binoculars out tomorrow to see if I can see a poof of smoke   o:)
    Were you in the Strip District where all the produce venders are? If you come through there again, you have to look for the Leaf & Bean. That's the place that the Leaf by Oscar and the Island Jim are made for. If you get back this way, give me a heads up and I'll buy you a cigar!
    Yeah I unloaded at consumer produce on 21st.. Pretty kewl area. What was even kewler I got the OK to park there if I want to take in a game.. I'm old and fat but I can walk 2.5 miles lol
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I like them scrambled and served with quackers

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balut

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    Looks interesting DZR.... Ima have to look that up!
    Mmmmmm, duck fetus....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Nasty
    OK. Looked up balut... eewwwwww!!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget - over easy or sunny side up. I'm really curious....  :D

Fried balut looks pretty tasty.