Home Non Cigar Related

Strange sightings

kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
After yet another sighting I thought I'd share some of recent ones that happened since returning OTR. Apologize for not being quick enough with camera, some are just to dang funny.

First sighting was a truck stop in Colorado. Although seeing a cross dresser is nothing new,the sight of a 6'6 + pot belly red head in a tight dress with a beard is not that common.

Next sighting was mid Dec. in a TX  truck stop.. I was getting fuel when a Halo trooper (or whatever you call em ) went strutting across the parking lot. By the time I jumped in the truck to get phone it was gone.

Brings us to today in a truck stop in KY. I witnessed  a swat team truck driver. Wearing all black tactical gear equipped with a buzz haircut, sunglasses, stun gun, pepper spray, baton and yes handcuffs.

Strange country we live in....

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw a young beaver on my driveway while snowblowing the other day, but it was actually a beaver, not.....you know. :D
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The military frequently uses semi trucks to haul cargo and will put raven teams with truck. A Raven team is a security team
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Well I doubt this was a raven team member..  From the looks of this guy if he had to run for 1 reason or another he wouldn't make it to the end of his trailer without needing a medic. I'm also led  to believe they dress to not draw attention, which makes sense (but it is the government so sense goes out the window). From what I hear often drivers do not know their actual cargo and trucks never leave the teams sight.

Kinda reminded me of the movie Zombies vs. Navy Seals... All the navy seals in the movie were either middle aged over weight dudes or the 1 rookie that looked like he had a serious meth addiction.
    Post edited by kswildcat on
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walked out in my driveway last week, looked across the field to see a big bald eagle sitting in a tree. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walked out in my driveway last week, looked across the field to see a big bald eagle sitting in a tree. 
    Are any local dogs or cats missing?  It was probably scouting for dinner....  :#
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Are any local dogs or cats missing?  It was probably scouting for dinner....  :#
    When I told my wife it was out there, her first response was to start looking for the cats. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    When I told my wife it was out there, her first response was to start looking for the cats. ;)
    Yep. Hors Douvres for Eagles.....
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Driving to work last week, there was activity on the side of the road. Two bald eagles and young ins pulling apart a road kill deer. They are majestic creatures, even on land.