Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun Contest Time

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok Fellas, as some of you know my family(in-laws) for the past few years have grown and bottled our own wine locally here in Ohio. We did really successfully here locally past few years bottling over 80 cases and then over 100 year 2. But this past year we didn't plan we didn't plan on a crop this due to a few family illness. So for several weeks now I've been toying with the idea and visiting a few local breweries, buying up stud to create my own recipe (IPA) my fav. I have mixed this with a cherry/rasin blend so it's not a true IPA. So I finished my 1st batch just over 20 gallons and plan for another 20 to 30 gallons in the next week or so, no job=lots of time. So here is where you come in. I have designed 3 labels and would like your input and your creativity l, I know some of you are sick(I'm mean good) you can come up with your own design or vote on what I have. I'll choose the winner. If by chance the majority likes 1 of mine, I'll Choose a winner you should the most creativity, and winner will receive a nice package. So either 1 vote for 1 of mine or design your own. No time table on this yet, beer has 3 months to fermit. Let the games begin.

Comments

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contest over. June Bug wins lol
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All pretty good. The order you have them is my opinion
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO so loud here at work that people came by to see what was going on. "The Nibbler" hands down. Very creative. I would buy that beer just to have as a conservation piece. That's my vote :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nibbler
    The Big Liar
    The squirrel 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

That's cool as **** and I would love a little taste
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them all, but especially The Nibbler.

Here's one I came up with, playing on the raisin theme...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the "Nibbler" design the most.  Good luck!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nibbler all the way.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the big liar 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undead squirrel is my favorite.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to find a pic but.....

The Ferocious Felcher Brown Ale
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:

Ewwwww
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Bigshizza said:

Good Lord, I hope you don't find a pic!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Lol. I hope he doesn't either. And it's a IPA Shizz. And love the pic Puff.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This being an election year you can't go wrong with The Big Liar.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the big liar
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    the busey
    Money can't buy taste
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the busey
    How about a beer called 'Mr Busey's Teeth'?
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    How about Allah's ale... this would piss some people off  :D
    -- Winston Churchill

edited February 2016

Post edited by Puff_Dougie on
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its the Shizz!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Sorry... edited version...

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lip Licker IPA

Its so good..... well you know

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    How's that cherry/raisin IPA coming along, @Glock1975? Are you taking pre-orders?
    Still a few weeks away, hopefully it turns out ok. Since then I use made 10 gallons of a watermelon strawberry wheat and brewing 10 gallons of a chocolate Carmel stout as we speak.
    Thanks for the designs puff, the Bern is awesome, but my family's lay may kill me for that 1.
    That stout though
    -- Winston Churchill

• WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Undead Squirrel is amazing.