Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Viaje Friends and Family Edicion Limitada

CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Ratings & Reviews
Preface:

So I got this from @Bigshizza and finally got to smoke it. The weather has been nothing but rain and wind, so at 1am it finally died down and I pawed through the box to see what I could smoke quickly before bad weather hit again. The Viaje was so small and just staring at me. Everyone has had good things to say about them so far, so I figured it would be a good cigar.

Review:

I have to say I wasn't sure what to expect. Smell wise it seemed a bit earthy with some cedar to it. I cut the end and took a taste and got a bit of nuttiness with the earthiness I smelled in it. I toasted the foot and lit it up.

Right away I was hit by an earthy, leathery taste with a hint of sweetness. I will say I was blown away. It was damned good from start to finish and I was sad when it ended. The earthiness died away around the half way mark, which in such a short cigar didn't take too terribly long. The draw was nice and even the whole way through. The burn rate was solid and I noticed that with my tendency to smoke quickly, I was getting quite a stem on the end, so I slowed down a bit and it actually improved the taste. Though that last bit could be my imagination.

Down towards the tail end I got a bit more of the sweetness and a ton of the leather. I puffed on it till it threatened to burn my fingers off, I was really tempted to come in and get one of those poky style "corn holders", which is what the nubbers I have seen around here remind me of. But then I remembered we don't have any. So I had to let it go. (the first guy to start singing is getting stabbed).

Conclusion:

I'd smoke it again. If you could just roll me a few of these that are 6 feet long that I can spend the entire day tasting the goodness on, I would buy them by the truck load. I'm not sure how many people have had them, but if you haven't and have a decent palate that can find those 3 flavors in it, I highly recommend it. I'm looking forward to trying other Viaje in the future. They've definitely made a fan out of me on this one, especially if the rest of their line holds up to the quality of this one.

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The friends and family is one of my favorite Viaje. I didnt get any of the limitada though.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    The friends and family is one of my favorite Viaje.
    I will be eagerly working to get a hold of any others. It was really good.