Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

College Bowl Season Game

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Here's an idea for a game.....low risk relatively, but high reward for the winner and 2nd place. Here's the idea.----------------------------------- I will post all games, or post a link to all games in Bowl Season (Mid Dec-January 7th) everyone picks the winners of every game. Also, as a tie breaker, have to give the total points scored of the National Championship game and the Rose Bowl Game (separately of course). Top 2 scores win. The winner gets a little pack of 3 cigars (feel free to send more) from 60% (the first 60% of people who sign up) of the people who lost. The 2nd place person gets a package from 40%. A winner could get a few dozen depending on how many participate and the MOST you could lose is 3 sticks or so. I will give names of who sends to who after season is over. Its a nice long game with a good reward possibility and lots of chances to win. Anyone interested?

Comments

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. You know I'm definately in for some Football pick 'ems Vulchor! The whole who sends what cigars to who sounds about confusing as hell..... but as long as you got a handle on it, in the end, I'll send to or receive from anyone you say.
  • Options
    I agree suspect, juat popped in my head and sounds fun. Who to who isnt really confusing, basically first and second place get something, first just a little more. All anyone has to worry about is either getting some cigars or sending a few. Thats two of us, I figure if we can get 10 to join it will be worth it...less than 10 we could just do one winner. Cmon folks, lets get some takers here. First bowl is Dec 19th, so lets get signed up. If you want to join, post on here. Once winners are decided I will PM who needs to be sending stuff to and addresses can be exchanged..........So far, Vulchor, Clearlysuspect----
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I'm in
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    count me in too!
  • Options
    Now we're getting good.....Vulchor, JZ, EJenne, Clearlysuspect-----cmmmmmmooon people.
  • Options
    Smokee..... where are you???? You ought to be in on this one!!!

I know we have a couple of Georgia Tech fans on here, there's a couple of Ohio State fans, a couple of Virginia Tech fans!!! Where is everyone???
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    Smokee..... where are you???? You ought to be in on this one!!!

I know we have a couple of Georgia Tech fans on here, there's a couple of Ohio State fans, a couple of Virginia Tech fans!!! Where is everyone???
    We even have a Syracuse fan! I am most likely the only one, but I will be loud about it now that its basketball season!! 'CUSE is ranked #6 right now, by the way. And with a win over #11 Florida a couple days ago I am sure that will be 5 or 4 tomorrow! I know it's early but I have a feeling the Big Dance is in our sights!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Count me in
  • Options
    Well, even if we only have the 5 people involved right now, 1st place would get 6 cigars and 2nd place will get 3 cigars. I'd say that's pretty good. Besides, the fun part is really making the picks and the competition. It'd be cool if more people get involved though!
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    I'm not on the good trader list yet, but I'll be willing to play.
  • Options
    GET ON THAT DAMN GOOD TRADER LIST!!!!!!We want your cigars....j/k-----But would love you to participate.
  • Options
    Cooper33:
    I'm not on the good trader list yet, but I'll be willing to play.
    I'll trade with you if you have anything that you would like to part with. PM me and let me know if you would like to.
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    PM sent ejenne87
  • Options
    Vulchor, JZ, EJenne, Clearlysuspect, Cooper (Im sure his trade will go fine), King JK729 -----CMON we need more people, read the rules at the top. JZ you have a PM by the way.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    For the love of all that is good in this world, never trade with ejenne - your humidor will never forgive you. That man bombed the crap out of me - twice.

I'm in!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    For the love of all that is good in this world, never trade with ejenne - your humidor will never forgive you. That man bombed the crap out of me - twice.

I'm in!
    Ummm what he said, I've been bombed once by that Army guy waiting on my second package & I'm a lil SCARRRRRRED to see what he sends this time around.

You can count me in too! Where is the link or the list located? I didn't see one posted & I need to start thinking about my picks!!!
  • Options
    Sounds Awesome, good number of people in. I am trying to work with JZ to get a list on here as he does a lot better with HTML than I do, but it is a long list. I have attached an address you can copy and paste for a list of all bowls from there.....Please feel free to start picking

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4111912

---------ALL PICKS HAVE TO BE MADE BY START OF BOWL SEASON ON DECEMBER 19TH. at 8pm, again winner of each game and total points scored of Nat. Championship and Rose Bowl Game separately--------
  • Options
    PM sent back Vulch
  • Options
    New Mexico
    Fresno State vs. Wyoming Albuquerque, N.M.
    University Stadium Dec. 19
    4:30 p.m. ESPN

St. Petersburg pres. by Beef 'O' Brady's
    UCF vs. Rutgers St. Petersburg, Fla.
    Tropicana Field Dec. 19
    8 p.m. ESPN

R+L Carriers New Orleans
    Southern Miss vs. Middle Tennessee New Orleans
    Louisiana Superdome Dec. 20
    8:30 p.m. ESPN

MAACO Las Vegas
    Oregon State vs. BYU Las Vegas
    Sam Boyd Stadium Dec. 22
    8 p.m. ESPN

S.D. County Credit Union Poinsettia
    Utah vs. Cal San Diego
    Qualcomm Stadium Dec. 23
    8 p.m. ESPN

Sheraton Hawaii
    Nevada vs. SMU Honolulu
    Aloha Stadium Dec. 24
    8 p.m. ESPN

Little Caesars
    Marshall vs. Ohio Detroit
    Ford Field Dec. 26
    1 p.m. ESPN

Meineke Car Care
    Pitt vs. North Carolina Charlotte, N.C.
    Bank of America Stadium Dec. 26

Emerald
    Boston College vs. USC San Francisco
    AT&T Park Dec. 26
    8 p.m. ESPN

**** Hotels Music City
    Kentucky vs. Clemson Nashville, Tenn.
    LP Field Dec. 27
    8:30 p.m. ESPN

AdvoCare V100 Independence
    Texas A&M vs. Georgia Shreveport, La.
    Independence Stadium Dec. 28
    5 p.m. ESPN2

EagleBank
    UCLA vs. Temple Washington, D.C.
    RFK Stadium Dec. 29

Champs Sports
    Miami vs. Wisconsin Orlando, Fla.
    Florida Citrus Bowl Dec. 29
    8 p.m. ESPN

Roady's Humanitarian
    Bowling Green vs. Idaho Boise, Idaho
    Bronco Stadium Dec. 30

Pacific Life Holiday
    Arizona vs. Nebraska San Diego
    Qualcomm Stadium Dec. 30
    8 p.m. ESPN

Bell Helicopter Armed Forces
    Houston vs. Air Force Fort Worth, Texas
    Amon G. Carter Stadium Dec. 31
    Noon ESPN

Brut Sun
    Oklahoma vs. Stanford El Paso, Texas
    Sun Bowl Dec. 31
    2 p.m. CBS

Texas
    Navy vs. Missouri Houston
    Reliant Stadium Dec. 31
    3:30 p.m. ESPN

Insight
    Minnesota vs. Iowa State Tempe, Ariz.
    Sun Devil Stadium Dec. 31
    6 p.m. NFL Network

Chick-fil-A
    Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee Atlanta
    Georgia Dome Dec. 31
    7:30 p.m. ESPN

Outback
    Northwestern vs. Auburn Tampa, Fla.
    Raymond James Stadium Jan. 1
    11 a.m. ESPN

Capital One
    Penn State vs. LSU Orlando, Fla.
    Florida Citrus Bowl Jan. 1
    1 p.m. ABC

Konica Minolta Gator
    West Virginia vs. Florida State Jacksonville, Fla.
    Municipal Stadium Jan. 1
    1 p.m. CBS

Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi
    Ohio State vs. Oregon Pasadena, Calif.
    Rose Bowl Jan. 1
    4:30 p.m. ABC

Allstate Sugar
    Florida vs. Cincinnati New Orleans
    Louisiana Superdome Jan. 1
    8:30 p.m. FOX

International
    South Florida vs. Northern Illinois Toronto, Canada
    Rogers Centre Jan. 2
    Noon ESPN2

Papajohns.com
    South Carolina vs. UConn Birmingham, Ala.
    Legion Field Jan. 2
    2 p.m. ESPN

AT&T Cotton
    Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss Arlington, Texas
    Cowboys Stadium Jan. 2
    2 p.m. FOX

AutoZone Liberty
    Arkansas vs. East Carolina Memphis, Tenn.
    Liberty Bowl Jan. 2
    5:30 p.m. ESPN

Valero Alamo
    Michigan State vs. Texas Tech San Antonio
    Alamodome Jan. 2
    9 p.m. ESPN

Tostitos Fiesta
    Boise State vs. TCU Glendale, Ariz.
    U. of Phoenix Stadium Jan. 4
    8 p.m. FOX

FedEx Orange
    Iowa vs. Georgia Tech Miami
    Land Shark Stadium Jan. 5
    8 p.m. FOX

GMAC
    Central Michigan vs. Troy Mobile, Ala.
    Ladd-Peebles Stadium Jan. 6
    7 p.m. ESPN

Citi BCS National Championship Game
    Texas vs. Alabama Pasadena, Calif.
    Rose Bowl Jan. 7
    8 p.m. ABC
  • Options
    JZ....You are the freakin man----Here is the list of all games folks, get those picks in by the 19th. People are free to join at anytime, but will be at a big disadvantage if they start missing games from the start. I hope to post my picks today. I will keep a nice little spreadsheet with peoples picks and try to update everyones score daily as well.
  • Options
    I will be putting my picks in tomorrow AM or afternoon. No cheating and waiting to see my expert picks people:)lol
  • Options
    Wyoming, Rutgers, Southern Miss, BYU, Utah, Nevada, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Kentuky, Texas A&M, UCLA, Miami, Idaho, Nebraska, Houston, Stanford, Missouri, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, Auburn, West Virginia, Penn State, Florida, South Florida, UConn, Oklahoma State, East Carolina, Texas Tech, TCU, Iowa, Central Michigan

Rose Bowl Game: Oregon - 45

National Championship Game: Alabama - 35

good call JZ, I knew I was missing something
  • Options
    Vulch, the national championship game is played at the rose bowl stadium. are you wanting everyone to pick the score for the national championship and the actual rose bowl (ohio st vs oregon) or just the national championship?
  • Options
    Fresno State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Oregon State, Cal, Nevada, Marshall, Pitt, USC, Clemson, Georgia, UCLA, Miami, Bowling Green, Nebraska, Houston, Stanford, Navy, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, Auburn, LSU, West Virginia, Oregon = 55 Points, Florida, South Florida, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Boise State, Georgia Tech, Central Michigan, Alabama = 35 Points
  • Options
    JZ. I was gonna change my total score for the NC game since we both picked 35 points. Then I noticed that MOST of our picks were opposite of each other and decided that there's no chance that we'll end up in a tie.
  • Options
    Both games JZ, just in case it comes to that. Nat. Cahmpionship will be first tiebreaker and Rose Bowl the 2nd.
  • Options
    Fresno St, UCF, Souther Miss, BYU, Cal, Nevada, Ohio, Pitt, USC, Clemson, Georgia, UCLA, Miami, Idaho, Nebraska, Houston, Oklahoma, Missouri, Minnesota, V.Tech, Auburn, Penn St., FSU, Oregon-48 points, FL, USF, S.Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas, TTech, TCU, G.Tech, C.Michigan, Bama- 49 points.
  • Options
    Oh cmon now----what happened to all the gamers and football fans here?
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Alrighty here go my picks Fresno St, UCF, Southern Miss, Byu, Cal, Nevada, Marshall, Pitt, USC, Clemson, Georgia, UCLA, Miami, Idaho, Nebraska, Houston, Oklahoma, Mizzouri, Minnesota, Va Tech, Auburn, LSU, Florida St., Ohio ST., Florida, South Florida, South Carolina, Oklahoma St., Arkansas, Texas Tech, Boise, Iowa, Central Michigan, Texas................... pts for rose bowl 58 pts for BCS 49
  • Options
    Takers?????More people?