Home Non Cigar Related

Posted up in ER, not exactly how I expected my day to go

bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got a call from the wife this morning while at work that she was feeling dizzy and he HR was elevated. She went to her OB to see if it was something from the pregnancy and they sent her to the ER. That was at 11 this morning. After various tests and IV fluids still not exactly sure what is going on. They thought it could be a blood clot but I think that might've been ruled out. Now we're waiting on blood work and for the ER Dr to call her OB and see what he thinks. 

ER Dr just came back and said they want to keep her overnight and keep an eye on things since she's been tachacardic the entire time she's been here. 

Comments

• Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I'm sure they're being extra cautious! Seems like our bodies go through so much when we're pregnant that things can get a little haywire. 
    Post edited by Edna20 on
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you guys
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers in route bro. I'm with Kelly
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Bert. Wishing you two the best.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelly's right, but it's still scary. Prayers for y'all.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for the two of you on the way!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear Bert. Keep the faith that she will go home fine tomorrow. Better safe than sorry. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope everything's okay Bert.
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep us updated Andrew, hope all is well. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How far along is the infant? 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The baby is 25 weeks along. Things are better this morning. They said she her heart rhythm looked normal
    again. Her dizziness is pretty well gone. Her OB stopped by and thinks the dizziness is just some vertigo. We're just waiting on the cardiologist to stop by now. 

Thanks for for all the thoughts and prayers. Much appreciated. 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Continued prayers for a complete recovery and a good outcome here!!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    The baby is 25 weeks along. Things are better this morning. They said she her heart rhythm looked normal
    again. Her dizziness is pretty well gone. Her OB stopped by and thinks the dizziness is just some vertigo. We're just waiting on the cardiologist to stop by now. 

Thanks for for all the thoughts and prayers. Much appreciated. 

Whew!
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Headed home. She has to wear a heart monitor for two weeks to monitor things. Other than that everything has come back normal b
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Great News :)
    Post edited by WaterNerd on
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad everything is doing well.  
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news!! Things like that are really scary when your expecting, hopefully it's smooth sailing the rest of the way! 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Women are haywire not pregnant.. Add that to the mix and gets worse.. Glad all is good, continue to pray  they stay that way.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious about a couple things.  Did they ever use the term Atrial Fibrillation?  Or Paroxysmal Supra-ventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)?  Many will shorten that to SVT.  When the heart is beating super-fast it's not an efficient pump, the valves don't get to close before the next beat, so dizziness is a common side effect due to the poor blood flow.

Hope all continues to stay well for you and her.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I'm curious about a couple things.  Did they ever use the term Atrial Fibrillation?  Or Paroxysmal Supra-ventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)?  Many will shorten that to SVT.  When the heart is beating super-fast it's not an efficient pump, the valves don't get to close before the next beat, so dizziness is a common side effect due to the poor blood flow.

Hope all continues to stay well for you and her.
    Yea they were saying it was SVT in the ER. They just couldn't figure out what was causing it.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Glad it was a false alarm & hoping you have no more scares.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad Alls well. Praying for you guys. 
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sending prayers your way 
    Non Crux sed lux