Home Cigar 101

Drew Estate Naturals

CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
A while back @peter4jc bombed me and 1 stick really grabbed my attention. It was the a stick called "dirt" from the Drew Estate Natural Line. I have been interested in buying a box or fiver, but that would depend on whether or not Natural sticks are considered infused. When I lit up the Dirt, I was pleasantly overwhelmed with the taste of sweet chocolate. I though to myself, there is no way they could put that strong flavor in a stick without it being infused (And we all know DE is known for infusion). I have read numerous forums and blogs with about 50% saying it is infused and 50% saying it isn't. Does anyone have any experience with the natural line? I want to know because if it is infused then I wouldn't buy a box. I don't have that much space and I don't want to mix infused cigars with my regular sticks.
How do make this text turn upside down?

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never had an issue with the naturals mixed with normal cigars. I do not believe that they are infused, but they are sweetened.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had that same experience, Phil, and don't have a definitive answer for you.  But my best guess is that they dip the cap in some sort of sugar water.  I don't think it's the entire stick that's infused, and believe they're safe to store with other sticks.  I do like 'em from time to time, but sometimes that sweetness is a bit coying.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    the sweet cap is too persistent for my tastes, can't be sugar, maybe something like stevia or aspartame. I don't recall the Natural having a sweetened cap but it's been a while and I could be wrong.
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Well a box it is!  Its good to hear, cause I really enjoyed the Dirt with my coffee. 
    How do make this text turn upside down?