Home Non Cigar Related

Motorcycles

MrsWylaffMrsWylaff Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
So Wayne is going to get a motorcycle, he's really excited
~~PeNgUiNs~~

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
     B) 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine why excited lol... congrats. 
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GET HIM A HELMIT!!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's he getting?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet congrats, wayne
    Non Crux sed lux
    0patience said:
    Wylaff said:
    This is how she announced it to me, so I have no clue.
    That is some funny stuff right there.
    When we went to "look" at Harleys when I bought my bike, we came upon the one I ended up with and my wife looked at it and said, "You know, you should get this one right now."

What?? Is this a trick? There is a catch somewhere.
    "No catch, just get it. I like it."
    OK!!!
    So, I've learned that when the wife says do something like that. ROLL WITH IT!

ROFL!
    That's good stuff..
  • MrsWylaffMrsWylaff Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    Cus I knew you would be on here. Happy EARLY BIRTHDAY Love
    ~~PeNgUiNs~~
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CigarFanaticCigarFanatic Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    Nice one Wayne! What are you getiting? You don't seem like a crotch-rocket type of guy.

Also, remember to get a good helmet and watch out for EVERYONE! Especially watch your back when you stop at a red light.

Safe Riding!
    How do make this text turn upside down?
    Helmets are mandatory here. As far as what I'm getting, I haven't even began looking. But it seems she decided it would be cheaper for me to get a bike than to get a second family car. One of our managers rides a Victory. That seems to be a decent compromise between badass and practical.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might know somebody that knows somebody if you have any questions or need anything 
    Victory have earned a very good reputation. Indian also by the same company. But if you're looking for more affordable than a car, used rice burners cannot be beat. 

Enjoy.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited March 2016
    I personally think the raider is the sexiest bike on the market.. Almost traded my warrior on 1 but knew I'd regret turning loose of my warrior.

Looked at a vrod while home and for some reason I thought were more money.. Not a new Harley guy (China parts throughout, at least my parts are japan) but would be a very fun bike.

Alot depends on if you prefer classic styling or more modern low slung.. I prefer more modern, stretched,low slung. wish my warrior was a bit more low slung but I love it just the way it is..
    Post edited by kswildcat on
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might know somebody that knows somebody if you have any questions or need anything 
    I heard there's a guy on here Wayne that knows a guy that might be able to make some grovey motorcycle stuff happen... just sayin'...
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    edited March 2016
    webmost said:
    Victory have earned a very good reputation. Indian also by the same company. But if you're looking for more affordable than a car, used rice burners cannot be beat. 

Enjoy.
    I did not know they also made Indian.  I looked at Victory until I seen Polaris.  Hope the bikes are better then their 4wheelers and jet skis. My experience with Polaris is not good. Had to keep 8 of their 4wheelers running while working on farm and my sister and boss had 2 the jet skis that wouldn't last a full weekend at the lake right after leaving the shop.

Another difference in taste is girls naked or wearing clothes. Myself I prefer girls naked, and also believe some girls look good wearing clothes and some look horrid with clothes, my warrior for instance looks horrid with clothes. Most my riding is short rides and just terrorizing car alarms on the streets. Have 2 t-bags with more then enuff room for a weekend ride. I won't even put them easily remove bags on her..

I'd put a lot of thought into all possibilities of what her duties would be. Being married you need to make sure the boss has a confy seat as well. My first bike was just a 800, would  go down the highway OK but since I more then doubled the size I can tell how much harder that Lil bike was working. If your planning to do much highway riding at all especially with the boss I'd go with at least a 1500

Post edited by kswildcat on
    Good information there. I've only just begun to look.

If it's your first bike but you have rode before don't be afraid to go big.. You will out grow a Lil bike fast. I had my Lil bike for just over 2yrs and was wishing I'd went bigger  within a few weeks. Bonus for me was I made $200 off her after 2yrs and did nothing but ride and up keep.
    1st bike period. I rode a small dirt bike once or twice when i was younger, but not enough to say i really know how.

Then I'd suggest going thru. A bike academy to not only use 1 of their little bikes to test on, but they are usually 3rd party examiners and often much easier to pass as good ones actually teach you how to ride. It's best to dump their bike then yours...lol...... I'm pretty sure once you get outta there you will be ok.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife saw a Harley commercial last night while watching Vikings. She said "babe... Babe, I want to ride on the back of that". I told her if she wants to feel power between her legs she only needs to one place for a ride  B)
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

When I was looking at my warrior the shop owner asked if I was married or had a gf,  when I said I had a gf he started pointing out other bikes. Told me she wouldn't be comfortable due to were the pegs located  looked at me funny when I told him I like it even more now..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    edited March 2016
    Congrats Wylaff. My wife just approved me getting a bike too!!! Good luck in your search!

Happy Birthday. 
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first bike was a 250 Honda Scrambler i got in 1963. Over the years I've owned a three cylinder Kaw 500 in 1969, a Triumph Thunderbird 500, and a 650 Norton Commando. Haven't ridden in 35 years and I miss it. Good luck you guys, make sure you wear a brain bucket, gloves and boots.   
    My first bike was a 250 Honda Scrambler i got in 1963. Over the years I've owned a three cylinder Kaw 500 in 1969, a Triumph Thunderbird 500, and a 650 Norton Commando. Haven't ridden in 35 years and I miss it. Good luck you guys, make sure you wear a brain bucket, gloves and boots.   
    All cool bikes. Just had a Honda dream in the shop over the winter.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first bike was an Indian Scrambler. 
    Loved that bike. 
    Sure wish I had it now.

Over the years, I've had dozens of bikes.
    Yamaha YZ dirt bikes, Yamaha V-max, Honda Enduros and Harleys mostly.

Unfortunately, I'm at that point where the mind is willing, but the body isn't able. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    My first bike was  a Honda 250r.. Piston exploded and was a blessing in disguise. 2nd bike was a 800 Suzuki intruder. Then my current. I'm a late bloomer.. 
    Many bikes over the years but the one I wish I would have kept was 1982 kaw gpz 550. Awesome bike.

You live amid such beautiful motorcycle roads that there's no excuse for you not to ride, Roger. Go get yourself an old beater TW200 or some such. Fetch your juice from the store, wet your flies down to the crick, or just clear your head of an evening. Tell you, there's no way I would live in them mountains without a dirt road runner.