Home Non Cigar Related

Gearing Up for the Next Adventure...(Big News)

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭

Yep, basically, we're having a baby! It's early yet, but we're very excited and even though most of the CCom OGs are on my Facebook, I figured I needed to pop in here and make the announcement :smiley: 

Also, I'm planning on adopting the same tradition that a few other BOTLs here have done with their babies, and that is to buy a box of beautiful cigars, enjoy one each year on the birthday and write a letter, and then gift the box of letters at the 18th birthday and enjoy the final two cigars. 

Which MEANS... I need some suggestions on cigars. Honestly, I'm a little out of touch, so I need all the input I can get. With that said, I'm not a Pepin fan, so My Father's are not in the running for me. I like the idea of tubos, but I won't hold fast to it having to be a tubo. Give me your input gentlemen!
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. I love that idea. What kind of cigars do you usually smoke? Also, are Cubans crazy expensive over there? If not I'd suggest Cohibas or whatever your favorite cc might be. 
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations. I love that idea. What kind of cigars do you usually smoke? Also, are Cubans crazy expensive over there? If not I'd suggest Cohibas or whatever your favorite cc might be. 
    Oops, forgot to change my profile - I'm back in the States now, in Sacramento, California. My "usual" is kinda non-existent right now, since I haven't been able to regularly enjoy cigars for a long time. Some past favorites include JDN Antaño DC, Tatuaje Havana VI, Fuente Hemingway, Perdomo Lot23, Gran Habano V2002...

Cubans aren't 'crazy' expensive in Spain - it's actually the cheapest place in the world to buy them, outside of Cuba - but they're still not what we would call "affordable" in the States. There's a couple that I'm considering buying, but the frontrunner would be around $550 for a box of 25 (Cohiba Siglo VI tubos).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM to ya, David, me lad. Happy St. Paddy's Day .....  o:)
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    muchas bendiciones

Congrats!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats..
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    sweet! man congrats 
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • HrycajHrycaj Posts: 62 ✭✭
    I like that idea a lot too! Wish I had a suggestion but alas all I can say is congrats!
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome idea,and congrats 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations Hays. You can't go wrong with Fuente, maybe a DC, Anejo, SS, etc.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! I wish I had heard of that idea when my wife was pregnant with our kids!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations 
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That paella put the swimmers in high gear. Congrats amigo. Hit up a jar of 2 ton tess from viaje. You can hermetically seal the letters and have 1 left to smoke for the day your baby's born. Enjoy the adventure. Viaje = Journey
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome my good man, very happy for you both! Send me your new addy... I'd suggest AF Opus X or Don Carlos, something regal that ages well.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent idea with the birthday box of cigars.  If you get the tubos you can put the letter in the emptied tube.  Would probably take me the eighteen years to decide exactly which box to buy.  Are you gonna name the baby after the cigar as well?  Maybe the middle name, say Opus or Fuente, etc.  

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.