Home Non Cigar Related

Bitter sweet.

MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Non Cigar Related
Well tonight is our last night in our first home. My wife and I moved several times when we were first married but this is the house we brought all 3 kids home to after they were born. It is the house that brought us together as a family and the house that we learned how little we knew about raising kids.
I have since learned that there is no guide to raising kids and that you don't have to be a perfect person to be a perfect parent. We will be moving into our new home 7 years to the day that we moved into this one. We are excited yet reserved because we are moving into a larger mortgage but it is the home for us out in the country. Now we just have to spend 4 weeks at my inlaws in the interim between houses. Good vibes needed as we move into a house with a few people that I don't have a lot in common with.
Thanks for reading, just needed to get it off my chest.

Oh yeah, moving sucks! Who knew we had this much stuff??

Comments

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations,and good luck.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
     <3 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck @MikeTodd
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change can be hard, wishing you the best... and four weeks doesn't sound all that long.  Sounds like the payoff will be worth all the effort.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    moving sucks.  wishing you the best during and after your move. 

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Get movers! Says my back!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck mike. Do your inlaws smoke? How about your inlaws addy.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    LoL. My FIL and BIL (who both live there) smoke Camels. My FIL has smoked two cigars in total with me. One was on my deck (and he didn't finish it) and one was at an event for Open Carrying at a local BM. I think they both lack the patience to smoke a cigar. I've got 4 weeks to try and learn them some good habits. 
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember it's only temporary. Relatives come with lumps and bumps but they are family. The new place out in the country will be great for your children. When you get there plant a tree. 
    Remember it's only temporary. Relatives come with lumps and bumps but they are family. The new place out in the country will be great for your children. When you get there plant a tree. 
    We are, two apple and a peach!
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Mikie to Mike... the task sux but the rewards are priceless once you finish. I wish you the best brutha. Glad I'm done. I don't envy you. Good luck  :p
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeTodd said:
    We are, two apple and a peach!
    Peach, what state? Most be moving out of the great state of IN
    Nope, just about 20 miles southeast of where we currently live.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope the move goes well Mike.  Amazing how much stuff you've collected when you have to pack it all up and move isn't it.  
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the move goes well Mike.  Amazing how much stuff you've collected when you have to pack it all up and move isn't it.  
    Congratulations, and what 3 stogies said, you get to see all the stuff you haven't seen since the last time you moved.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.  Seek out cigar smokers in your new neighborhood.