Home Cigar 101

Cigar lounge

AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
I live in Upstate NY and  my first year into cigars and totally hooked. Smoking outside sucks in the winter and even bundled up with a space heater inches away blows. The wife has given the thumbs up to build a cigar lounge in the basement (about 8'x12'). I know ventilation is key and can vent to the outside. Any other suggestions on design would be appreciated on a modest budget.     Al  Pittstown,NY

Comments

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    You have a good wife there.  To get the smoke out I use window exhaust fans in the back room, put them at the top of the widow not the bottom, both sides blowing out, crack the door, no problems.  Can be easily taken out after.  Summer I just leave them in.  Tried that in the basement but didn't work as well and a pain to put in and take out of the cellar windows.  But in a room like you will be doing may be fine, cheap and easy.  If you have the headroom a suspended ceiling with a few vents some dryer hose and a blower would be classy.  Too much work for me there.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panasonic makes a line of bathroom exhaust fans called Whisper Quiet that I think would work great in a ceiling of a cigar room.  This season of needing a fan is almost over, but next Fall I'll be putting one in, hopefully with a speed controller to adjust for whether it's just me smoking or a few more.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard surfaces for floor and leather furniture. Soft cloth will absorb smell. Good ventilation and comfy sitting. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to all. As far as sheetrocked walls go just a good latex paint?