Home Cigar 101

Recommendations

Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
I am still fairly new to cigars and would like some advice. Up til now I have stuck with my standard CAO Gold and have no complaints. I would like to branch out and try some more in the medium to full flavor range but thought I would post here for some recommendations on a good transitional cigar or cigars to move from mild. Any input would be helpful.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Dustin, Welcome to you. I would say 5 Vegas Classic ( Red Label) or one of my favorites Rocky Patel Vintage 1992/ or 1990 both very good. You will get many other suggestions so I will limit my reply.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Camacho, macho man.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    RP Decade, its listed as full bodied but hits me more on the medium side, and it is an excellent cigar. Alec Bradley Tempus is about the same, a little over medium with phenominal flavor.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd second the 5 Vegas Classic. Padilla Habano, Perdomo ESV '91 (seconds are great), Rocky Patel Signature, Ashton Heritage, Tabacos Baez, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet...so many, many more. My overall recommendation, look into some samplers, they are a great way to sample a variety of cigars without committing to a large quantity.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    full body? how full?

Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte or the Double Maduro

5 Vegas Series A
    Oliva serie V
    Camacho SLR maduro
    all of those are fairly easy on the wallet (depending on size) but none will let you down.

remember to eat first.
  • Don pepin Garcia Series JJ is a great cigar and is not too full bodied
    Aurora 1495 Is GREAT and not too full
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet great not too full
    These are great transition cigars, not to spicy and have a great flavor profile,smoothness and these own unique sweet flavors.
    When your ready to go full I would try the legerio tobaccos as they are fantastical!
    What is legerio tobacco?
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    kuzi16:
    full body? how full?

5 Vegas Series A
    Oliva serie V
    Camacho SLR maduro
    all of those are fairly easy on the wallet (depending on size) but none will let you down.

remember to eat first.
    hahaha, i think it would be cool if Kuzi became evil kuzi. Like some sort of cigar tragedy happened to him and his brain cracked and he just started making everyone else hate cigars. Similar to what happened to Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try some of the ccom samplers and see which ones you like. They have them in mild, medium and full bodied, whatever your preference might be.

Welcome aboard.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ironhorse:
    kuzi16:
    full body? how full?

5 Vegas Series A
    Oliva serie V
    Camacho SLR maduro

remember to eat first.
    hahaha, i think it would be cool if Kuzi became evil kuzi. Like some sort of cigar tragedy happened to him and his brain cracked and he just started making everyone else hate cigars. Similar to what happened to Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight.
    hey now...

those are all good cigars.

he asked to move away from mild.

im just sayin....
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    kuzi16:
    ironhorse:
    kuzi16:
    full body? how full?

5 Vegas Series A
    Oliva serie V
    Camacho SLR maduro

remember to eat first.
    hey now...

those are all good cigars.

he asked to move away from mild.

im just sayin....

haha, I know. At least you suggested he eat first and didn't suggest anything over 12bucks!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    j0z3r:
    What is legerio tobacco?
    Ligero leaves are from what I understand the upper most leaves of the tobacco plant.
    The ones to absorb the most sunlight and nutrients.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    What is legerio tobacco?
    Ligero leaves are from what I understand the upper most leaves of the tobacco plant.
    but... ligerio leaves are what you would use in a home-made "cigar". more commonly known as a blunt. Ligerio Leaves are green, sticky, stinky, and taste nothing like cigar tobacco.
  • man!, i need a secretary too proof read for me!!
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    What is legerio tobacco?
    Thanks...I know what ligero is. I was making light of Jeff's typo. :)
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    What is legerio tobacco?
    Thanks...I know what ligero is. I was making light of Jeff's typo. :)

ahhhhhhh joke fail....
    Did I miss something here? Plain type is a horrible conveyor of sarcasm. Tongue Tied [:S]
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Thanks for the advice I placed my order today. I got a few different cigars to try.

5 Vegas Classic
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, Maduro and Series B
    Padilla Achilles
    Onyx Reserve

Once I get a taste of these I hope to have a better idea of the flavors and what to try in the future.

Thanks

Dustin

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Dustin1981:
    Thanks for the advice I placed my order today. I got a few different cigars to try. 5 Vegas Classic Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, Maduro and Series B Padilla Achilles Onyx Reserve Once I get a taste of these I hope to have a better idea of the flavors and what to try in the future. Thanks Dustin
    You certainly have a wide variety of smokes there. You should have a great idea of what you like and what you want to get next.