Home Cigar 101

New to the forum

GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Cigar 101
Hi guys,

I'm new to the cigar forum and wanted to say hi. My name is GrouchoM and I'm from Texas. I've been smoking cigars for 3 mths and have a small tupidor of sticks. As a new cigar smoker, I'm still figuring out what I like palate-wise. I started wit Factory throwouts because they were inexpensive and have worked up recently to C&C toro maduro (which have a lot of flavor). I'm an unemployed student who was introduce to cigars by a buddy, but only got serious recently after having one on New Year. The brands I've smoked so far are nothing to write home about: Brioso, Bacarract, Sancho Panza, National, Cuban Seed, Casa de Bella and Punch.

Look forward to learning more about cigars and meeting more cigar lovers.

-G
The secret word is cigars! 

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard.  Most online vendors have tons of samplers in every category, which are usually cheaper than buying a bunch of the same cigar.  I'm sure you'll find which ones are your favorites after a few months of trying.  Check out cigar.com's sampler section 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Welcome. I remember being in your shoes and feeling overwhelmed. There's a ton of info here and a ton of great people. 

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samplers are a great way to go or seconds. 
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    GrouchoM said:
    Hi guys,

I'm new to the cigar forum and wanted to say hi. My name is GrouchoM and I'm from Texas. I've been smoking cigars for 3 mths and have a small tupidor of sticks. As a new cigar smoker, I'm still figuring out what I like palate-wise. I started wit Factory throwouts because they were inexpensive and have worked up recently to C&C toro maduro (which have a lot of flavor). I'm an unemployed student who was introduce to cigars by a buddy, but only got serious recently after having one on New Year. The brands I've smoked so far are nothing to write home about: Brioso, Bacarract, Sancho Panza, National, Cuban Seed, Casa de Bella and Punch.

Look forward to learning more about cigars and meeting more cigar lovers.

-G
    Now that's a good name and pic! Welcome!
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Jim, you'll have to fight him.

It's like The Highlander, there can be only one.
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    So, how does this work?  Best 5 cigars at Dawn or deliver his head in a bag? I'm game...or how about we act like we did something, but didnt.
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    How about meeting at the flag pole at 3pm?
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ten paces turn and fire
    Non Crux sed lux
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
      The only way to solve this, face off with ten lb sledge hammers in five feet of water   :)