Home Cigar 101

The new guy.

Jjk918Jjk918 Posts: 11
Well I am new to the forum and cigars. I have been smoking for 3 months and live in Delaware. I have a 125 count humidor and use  beads and all is well except, I am running out of room already. I have already learned a lot reading the forum and got a long way to go!

Comments

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy a cooler
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum,Stick around and enjoy 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Hello and welcome to the family. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Jjk918
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, and thank @Bob_Luken for the newb welcome thread for being unstickied  :D
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the funny farm
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to get another cooler. The 1 I have is for when I need to smoke more or store boxes. I love visiting my wood humidors daily. Peeking inside. Figuring out what's going missing today because I'm smoking it. To me that's part of the fun. I do get excited if my cigars overflow into the cooler because as I said I get to smoke more. I respectfully agree with the consensus don't be like me get a cooler or wineador.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jjk918 said:
    Well I am new to the forum and cigars. I have been smoking for 3 months and live in Delaware. I have a 125 count humidor and use  beads and all is well except, I am running out of room already. I have already learned a lot reading the forum and got a long way to go!
    The 125 count will turn into 2 humis, then 3, then a cooler. Or you can do like I did and just give in and get a tower humi. Then, you will know you are in trouble.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding that out. Have a 60 count humidor that really only holds 35 and 3 gallon size zip lock bags that are full. Suggestions???? Bigger humi or cooler ?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cooler allows you to buy boxes, which have cheaper prices per stick than singles.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just throw some boveda packs in there?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I bought a box of Boveda's, threw 3/4 of them in assorted spots, and have not had any fluctuation since.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooler is definitely the cheaper alternative but there's something about a nice humi that makes you feel all warm and cozy. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My standard advice, get a bigger humidor and a second job!
  • ChazMNChazMN Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Welcome :)  

And go for a cooler, easy to keep humidity where you want it.