Home Cigar 101

My Father

AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
 Good morning to all. My local B&M( did I get that right?) is having a My Father sales promo Thursday. Never tried one. Any suggestions? I'm starting to get into the med-full cigars.     Al

Comments

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only had two. I am not sure what ones they were. However, I really enjoyed them. So basically, I am no help.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The My Father line consists of some mighty fine smokes, IMHO. They come from the factory of Don Pepin Garcia. I particularly like the Le Bijou 1922 but they're all quite good....  B)
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the original My Father and the Le Bijou that jlmarta mentioned. I like a lot of the Don Pepin Garcia stuff. 
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Get the Le Bijou 1922 and thank us later.  I personally like the short robusto vitola, but many like the new torpedo that won the cigar of the year this past year.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don Pepin Garcia and Jaime Garcia cigars would be included as well. Their lines are every solid and they smoke great with pepper u can taste and feel. You can't go wrong with My Father Inc. 

I would try a sampler if available and go from there. "Warning" you will want boxes once you do.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     It's good stuff IMO, you most likely will not be disappointed
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    Never had one I didn't like - do it!
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't tried the My Father Connecticut give that one a try. Great morning smoke and goes great with a good cup of coffee :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    My Father No. 4 is my personal favorite.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the My Father line. Flor de las antillas is one of my favorites.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Looking forward to it.
  • Jjk918Jjk918 Posts: 11
    I have only had the Connecticut and it was very good. I bought 2 of them and will keep the second one for another time. I am new to this and want try many different sticks to see what I like.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second the Jaime Garcia, and raise a Flor de las Antilles.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't go wrong with the my father line, I really enjoy the fdla
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like everyone else has said, they are awesome! Things from the MF line are some of my favorite smokes. Enjoy them!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delicious and nutritious, with a full day's supply of vitamin N. For best results, do not take on an empty stomach.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    MF is a great line, probably anything you get you will like.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I like most MF but I really enjoy the El Centurion. Great smoke. great price.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll not go wrong with anything out of MF 
    Bought the fdla, my father, and le bijiou yesterday. Can't wait to light one (or two) tonight.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Great choices
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KCW said:
    Had my 1st El Centurion last week, another MF hit!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    KCW said:
    Had my 1st El Centurion last week, another MF hit!
    Good. Aren't they?  :)
    Had the fdla and it was fantastic.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    Had the fdla and it was fantastic.
    Agree. Forgot about the FDLA when I commented earlier. I had one over the weekend and nubbed it good.