Home Non Cigar Related

Member list

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, with this newfangled forum, how does one go about looking up a given member along with his profile, preferences, etc.?

For example, what's the point if listing your favorite cigars in your profile if no one can find it to see what you like??  

Anybody got got any ideas or suggestions??  Thanks in advance...  B)

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do people you know come up to you and say "Martyyyyyyyyyyyy" in Doc's voice?  
    If I had a friend with that name, that's what I'd be doing all day erryday 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or Ben Kingsley in Sneakers...  Maaahty.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maaahty...  I think all you can do is use the search bar and put in their name, then find a post by them, and then click on their name to go to their profile page.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Maaahty...  I think all you can do is use the search bar and put in their name, then find a post by them, and then click on their name to go to their profile page.
    I tried that. Then, when their highlighted name showed up I clicked on it...  And then I clicked on it...  And I clicked on it some more....

That's when I got the brilliant idea to post this thread asking how to do it....   :p
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    peter4jc said:
    I tried that. Then, when their highlighted name showed up I clicked on it...  And then I clicked on it...  And I clicked on it some more....

That's when I got the brilliant idea to post this thread asking how to do it....   :p
    ah. 
    the search results are very dumb and only show the user's name as plain text....which means it's not a clickable link, and won't open up the user's profile. 

so, you have to 1) open up a thread from your search results. then 2) navigate to the user's name and click on it to view their profile.

clear as mud?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv said:
    jlmarta said:
    peter4jc said:

ah. 
    the search results are very dumb and only show the user's name as plain text....which means it's not a clickable link, and won't open up the user's profile. 

so, you have to 1) open up a thread from your search results. then 2) navigate to the user's name and click on it to view their profile.

clear as mud?
    Jeejus, what imbecile dreamed up THAT procedure?  Okay, thanks, @jgibv...... 
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who you need? Easier to throw somebody under the bus then use the search function.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so that's how one goes about avoiding exploding mailboxes.
    Who you need? Easier to throw somebody under the bus then use the search function.
    Oh, I have the address. I was hoping to find his list of favorites so I could select some appropriate sticks with which to bomb his @zz. I have a few clues but you know me, I was trying to do a pin-point strike.  And if I go on open forum to find the info I want then it takes away the surprise element..... Oh, well....   B)
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats what i was saying.  Just toss the name out here and more than likely somebody will know what he likes.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Thats what i was saying.  Just toss the name out here and more than likely somebody will know what he likes.
    I must not be making my meaning clear. I can't just toss the name out on open forum or I'll blow the surprise. And I don't know of a way to toss a PM out to everyone but him - I'd have to send a PM to each individual. Of course, it may just be that I'm dense enough that I'm not understanding your message -  :D
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sneak attack is always more fun.. I like it to be a total surprise when they open their mailbox.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Do like I do sometimes and call ccom rep. Ask them to put together a sampler based on their purchases within your budget.
    And it goes anonymous.

Oh wait. I've never done that.
    Disregard.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience I never thought of that. Thanks for the idea, if I ever use it I will let ya know how it works beings you haven't. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    AAAaarrgghhhh!!!  And then, wouldn't ya know it, once ya go through that boolsheet ya find out that the brother in question didn't post any favorites to his profile anyway. I tell ya, there's no justice.... :s  
    As @peter4jc suggested in @WaterNerd's anniversary thread, GHURKA is always in style.

;)
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    So, with this newfangled forum, how does one go about looking up a given member along with his profile, preferences, etc.?

For example, what's the point if listing your favorite cigars in your profile if no one can find it to see what you like??  

Anybody got got any ideas or suggestions??  Thanks in advance...  B)
    All my stuff seems to have disappeared with the forum upgrade.  
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's favorite cigars are dog rockets case closed
    Money can't buy taste