Home General Discussion
Options

New Waxing Moon Humidor Arrived Today!

Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
So, this is the replacement for my cheap, failing $39 Chinese humidor.

Ed at Waxing Moon did a fantastic job. It was bought out of existing stock. Fine construction and beautifully done. Eight Boveda seasoning packs are going inside right now so it will be ready to go when I get back from 2 weeks in Hawaii.

I am extremely pleased with the workmanship. It's a shame I don't have any kids to inherit when I depart. This is truly heirloom quality.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
Life is good, don't waste it.

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one, the news letter I sent will look good in there
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Oh man! I am truly a newbie as I just figured out what the hell a newsletter is. I really thought you were sending me a ... never mind.

I need to get on board with the traditions around here. I am completely ignorant as to the ways of the fine folks here at Cigars.com.

I'll reserve my final " thanks for the newsletter" until it actually arrives, but I'll do a preliminary "thanks" right now Usaf06.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow that's nice. Great purchase.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That is one gorgeous humidor you have. Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Beautiful. And welcome to the insanity!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Guitarded said:
    Absolutely Beautiful. And welcome to the insanity!
    Yeah, it's official.
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That humidor is gorgeous!
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good looking humi. Congrats on the pickup. Although as you will soon learn, you should have went bigger. You are going to need it. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a beautiful humi right there!  Have a great trip, wife got back from Kauai couple weeks ago.  Snowed here the next day, lol.  
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice
  • Options
    That's a beautiful humi right there!  Have a great trip, wife got back from Kauai couple weeks ago.  Snowed here the next day, lol.  
    Thanks! We're off to the Big Island and Maui. It's supposed to snow here on Fri nite and Sat morning - departure day.
    Nice

It's funny that you two posted right after one another. Three years ago we did a driving trip just to visit Cape Cod (my birth place) and Acadia National Park. Both are beautiful areas.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    What town, @Rockethead26? I live in Dennis.
  • Options
    What town, @Rockethead26? I live in Dennis.
    Hyannis, just off of Falmouth Road and Bearses. It was military housing then. I was born at Otis Air Force Base which is now a National Guard Airbase, I think. I was excited to see my 1st house after 60 years, but it was sad to see the neighborhood so run down. Boarded windows and attack dog signs didn't make it feel like a welcoming place. I had visions of knocking on the door and talking to the current residents, thinking the neighborhood had probably turned into a nice little place with refurbished homes. I was wrong. The duplexes looked exactly like my mother's pictures, only 60 years more rundown. Bummer.

We never drove thru Dennis as you are north of the highway and off the beaten path. Looks like a nice location.

All the best!
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the CCOM asylum.... ;-)

Beautiful humi... ive been a big fan of Waxing Moon work. Superb. I am now very jealous. lol

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that you two posted right after one another. Three years ago we did a driving trip just to visit Cape Cod (my birth place) and Acadia National Park. Both are beautiful areas.
    That is funny, it's karma for a safe trip, I hope.  
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Very nice piece of wood art work. This guy does (did) good work. He has also screwed people out of money. Glad you were not a victem.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine has one. Tightest seal I have ever seen and beautiful. Great invest there. Enjoy.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?