Home General Discussion

Peace out FB cigar groups

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where will i get all of my overpriced liga's from now! !!??!? 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Funny you say that. There was an auction the other day on c2 for 8 ligas, mostly rare that sold for $810. Are f'ing kidding me.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Usaf06 said:
    jgibv said:
    Funny you say that. There was an auction the other day on c2 for 8 ligas, mostly rare that sold for $810. Are f'ing kidding me.
    just goes to show ya that some ppl have more money than sense. 

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive seen the Basherts and Velvets go for $180
    Ive seen the Basherts and Velvets go for $180

that's ea. btw
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't bid on anything until the last minute so I do not get into a bidding war and do not bid on anything unless I know the retail.  My biggest problem is grabbing things going dirt cheap and not really needing them. Or winning items I forgot I already have..lol 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I wrong to assume that only the FB groups that facilitate cigar sales are the ones getting shut down? 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I found on Facebook Page Terms: "Pages promoting the private sale of regulated goods or services (including firearms, alcohol, tobacco, or adult products) must restrict access to a minimum age of 18."
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    People in those groups are not "cigar nerds" like us.  
    Hipster smokes will sell like hotcakes because .... well, they are hip.  Notorious smokes like Opus X and Ligas will sell like hotcakes because. ..... you guessed it, they are notorious.  I'm seeing a few cigar companies jumping on the wagon and taking the Hipster route to make $. (Ezra Zion) Such a put off for me.

People in these groups get taken advantage.  From buying fake Cubans to buying rebanded cigars for 3 times they are worth. 
    "That chicken on the packaging is Sick! I'll pay $100"

A BOTL was selling dozens of Davidoff smokes.  No one bid no one offered.  Why?  Because it's not hip. Not really notorious and super popular.  All people see is that its an expensive smoke and nothing much else to it.  They wouldn't know who Kelner is if He was introduced to their face. I ended up buying the whole stash. Gave me a great deal.
    edited April 2016
    I'm seeing a few cigar companies jumping on the wagon and taking the Hipster route to make $. (Ezra Zion) Such a put off for me.

Next they'll be selling fixed gear bicycles, flannel shirts & jorts, and thick rimmed glasses.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Ezra Zion's credit. They're cigars (even the limited releases) are sold for a lot less than they could.

And you don't get an opinion on beard oil or mustache wax unless you have a full beard that you are trying to take care of. Hipster would be using sandalwood because of the smell. Common sense is using the right oils just for the sake of healthy hair.

Although I could start calling everyone that uses shampoo hipsters...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    To Ezra Zion's credit. They're cigars (even the limited releases) are sold for a lot less than they could.

And you don't get an opinion on beard oil or mustache wax unless you have a full beard that you are trying to take care of. Hipster would be using sandalwood because of the smell. Common sense is using the right oils just for the sake of healthy hair.

dr bronner's big bottle from costco or gtfo

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's a beard?  :s
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    What's common sense?
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What cigar has a chicken on the packaging? I wanna be hip...
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:

Whhooa, easy there ...hipster...
    MikeTodd said:
    Wylaff said:

Whhooa, easy there ...hipster...
    I was hip before there was a term for it...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    edited April 2016
    What are "jorts" (sorry if it's a typo).

"Although I could start calling everyone that uses shampoo hipsters".. That would be the closest I came to being hip since the 90's. For a couple years being countryfied was it in my neck of the woods. Even then I was left out because I still enjoyed listening to 80's hair bands and yanno that was so 80's.

Hip to me anymore is what I will break if I slip and fall down.
    edited April 2016
    kswildcat said:
    What are "jorts" (sorry if it's a typo).

It's a typo. Us hipsters enjoy wearing cutoff jean shorts with flannel shirts. I like to keep mine rolled ironically to just under the elbow. I tend to wear my keds with them, because they are totally under rated as a shoe.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hipsters wear jorts? I had no idea. They're made from skinny jeans though, right?
    edited April 2016
    Pfshh. All the hipsters are skinny. That's why I'm rocking the 36 waist.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a 30-32.  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fake hip(ster) does that count?
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to be hip...but I am an Ezra Zion hodie ho.  Dang, what bathroom should I use now? 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    edited April 2016
    Heh, I too am an EZ WH0R3

Stubble said:
    I don't want to be hip...but I am an Ezra Zion hodie ho.  Dang, what bathroom should I use now? 
    I'd say your still free to water trees but sooner or later that will offend someone from green peace or someone that claims trees speak to them and told them trees find it offensive. 
    I like Camacho Liberties but I didn't have to be a hipster to actually like it