Home Ratings & Reviews

Padiila Obsidian

Had one a while ago that burned like cat do do....let them rest.... and bam! spectacular smoke!
Oh yeh another old video montage for my...ahem...i mean your viewing pleasure CHECK IT OUT
Oh yeh ......i'm tring to drum up a contest but im looking to get a few more votes on the poll, so if you visit and have not voted please do

Comments

• MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    How long did you let it rest? I've had one with about 5 months of rest and it still burned horribly (and the draw was insanely tight.)
  • About 6 months or so...at 65%
    The draw on mine was tight as well, I made it work...turned out great, I got two more that i will be smoking soon, soo, Ill keep you posted.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I bought the C.Com Weekend Blitz Padilla Torpedo Sampler back in January and I've only burned one of each when I first got them. But they've been resting ever since.

I'm going to have to put a few of them in my "To Be Burned" rotation now. I remember some construction issues, the tight draw, but nothing that made me want to put it down. I want to try my hand at giving it a "review" and let this here Jeff add it to his collection. I'm not very computer savy, and I don't know when I will be able to have one, but I'm going to make a review of it when I do.
  • You write the review, send it to me, ill post it on my site for ya! fell free to take pics or video or anything PM me if your interested!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I personally enjoyed the Obsidian very much. The first one I had did have any draw or burn issues after only 3-4 weeks in the humi, but the next one I smoked did. I let them rest 6 mos+ and they were great. The draw was good and I really like the flavor. Lot of dark rich coffee flavor with these smokes but just enough sweetness to keep them from getting bitter.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I've heard that the obsidian is constructed a lot like the achilles. Back when I was new to cigars I bought a bundle of achilles cause they were cheap and almost threw the whole thing away. Every single stick was WAY too tight and went out at least halfway even with constant drawing. The bundle lasted about a year and a half, but even the last few were horribly constructed. Flavor was pretty good on them, but the construction killed them for me.
  • I love the Obsidian.  I just bought 25 of them and I will guard them jealously.  I just bought some Padilla Habanos and I love them too but for different reasons.  In contrast, I bought a bunch of CAO sampler packs (like 40 cigars) and I've been giving them away as fast as possible.  Bleah.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I liked the cigar but didn't like the dang burn issues with it ...now having said that I think the last one I smoked had about 6 months on it and required touching up only once or twice which is OK with me. So maybe its the aging ???
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I too had a minor burn issue with it, in Belicoso http://cigarobsession.com/2009/06/07/padilla-obsidian-belicoso/
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Didnt read all the posts here...just saw the title of the article and had to say this stick is on my little list I have of Top 10 worse cigars I have smoked. And I tried it 3 times btw, hoping I was wrong each time.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gmill880:
    I liked the cigar but didn't like the dang burn issues with it ...now having said that I think the last one I smoked had about 6 months on it and required touching up only once or twice which is OK with me. So maybe its the aging ???
    Yeah, my first one was tough smoked it almost after I got it. The second one had 6 months and it was much much better.