Home Non Cigar Related

Beard stuff

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a manly beard and all these beard oil and care companies keep popping up. Curious about them but don't know where to start or what is legit and worth checking out. Can anyone fill me in and give me some info on your experiences. I just shampoo and rinse but I'd like to not look like an insane Omish dude late to a barn raising or a Taliban. 

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I use grapeseed oil. It's oderless, it's light, and you skin absorbs it, so you don't feel oily, and it's cheap.

After your shower, put about a dimes worth in your palm, and just rub it in. It takes a lot less than you would think, but you'll notice the difference in just a couple days.

It tends to pull the curls together so it looks like a well rounded beard. You will notice it looking about an inch shorter, but it will be tightly together. It is also noticeably softer. My little one (2 years) loves laying on my chest and playing with it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I use Paul Mitchell leave-in conditioner (apply after the shower) for conditioning, and this stuff in the shower:

http://www.minimoustachery.com/shop/stimulating-beard-wash

^ This stuff is really good, especially after washing the whiskers after a night of smoking. Their conditioner is also bueno.

I try to alternate, so I am using different products, os if I do not use the paul mitchell leave-in, I alternate with their beard oil:

http://www.minimoustachery.com/shop/advanced-beard-oil

A lot of fellas I work with really like the grave before shave line of stuff:

http://fisticuffsmustachewax.bigcartel.com/

Hope it helps

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does any of this stuff help with the itch?.. Let mine grow for a couple months and it got not quite a 1/4 in long (surprisingly filled in and not nearly as patchy, maybe I'm finally growing up).  I wouldn't even really call it an itch. Felt more like the whiskers were pushing my skin out or I could feel it grow (weird I know, but hey its me we are talking about ).
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, oil helps drastically with the ith
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I use Sare's Natural beard cream and beard soap and like it a lot. It can be found on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/shop/SaresNaturals

I got a cream that was scented tobacco and vanilla. Took me 2 years to go through a canister. Chicks dig it haha
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    During the times I've let the scruff grow out, I've used a few different oils. My personal favorite is an oil from Gene Snisky. Yes, Gene Snisky the wrestler. The reason I like it so much is the lighter scent.
    I've also used Bad Ass Beard Care and an oil from a guy local to me. My friend, Connie, owns her own candle and scented oil company and is getting ready to delve into beard oils.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question.  
    I want to smoke this certain cigar.  Cream Cake Mocha Crush, or something rather.  
    Will I still get the maximum flavorage potential if I only have a week and a half of beard worth?

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should get some Dollar Beard Club sandalwood oil and growth accelerator for maximum flavor.  :D

Never tried the oils myself, just shampoo and occasional conditioner, but was going for more of the trimmed, edged up beard look anyway.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question.  
    I want to smoke this certain cigar.  Cream Cake Mocha Crush, or something rather.  
    Will I still get the maximum flavorage potential if I only have a week and a half of beard worth?

@danielzreyes ; for maximum flavorage potential? no, not even close.

for ultimate flavor status do this:

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Question.  

A week and a half of growth? So, a five o'clock shadow, then...