Attn Camera peeps

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is this a good Camera/deal?

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you want it for?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you want it for?
    Ummm. 

To take pics
    No 3hit.  I mean just like pictures of the fam and things like that?  sports? hidden in the neighbors bedroom?
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite the response I expected from DZR. Thought for sure there would be a duh in there.
    Lol

Ol lady wants it for our trip to Hawaii. She also likes taking landscape pics.

Maybe I can play with macro stuff (cigars) if I get a lense? 
    If you are just looking for something as your family camera it will be great.  It will do the basics and if you want to learn how to use a SLR then it will give you the manual settings to do so.  The 2 lenses included will cover your necessary focal ranges for pretty much whatever you want to shoot.  For the money its not a bad camera.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

It will do that fairly well for you.  The hard part with the rebel cameras is they are a crop sensor so an 18-55mm lens is actually 28.8-88mm.  For a basic camera this will work well.  Yes you could get a macro lens to get fancy but just learning how to use the camera with some lower aperture lenses will work just as well.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

http://www.adorama.com/ICAT5K1A.html#source=productOptions|ICAT5K

Check this out.  Same deal but you get a few filters.  The UV filters are really just an extra protection layer for the lens.  Totally worth it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

Geez. Looks so complicated. I feel that this is gonna be another hobby where all my $ will go lol.

Ima go ahead and buy it.  If it sucks, Brad, @avengethis I blame you and I know where you live!
    Well I don't really but I can ask Shizz where you live.
    It will be good. Just put in the time to learn it and not just throw it in auto mode.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Nikons but mostly for high quality prints but one of these is just so handy and quite capable:

http://www.adorama.com/IPCDMCZS40S.html

darned fine camera and it doesn't weigh a ton
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...