Home General Discussion

Osiris IV Saloman

Anyone else love the Osiris IV Saloman?  Does anyone know who makes them?  

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Does anyone know who bestbrew is?  Why not hop over to the Newbie introduction thread and introduce yourself before you start trying to sell us something?

Youll find a bunch of great folks here but we do like the common courtesies..    B)

Editt: By the way, they're spelled s-a-l-o-m-o-n. Just FYI,  :#
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an AJ stick, just to answer your question ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Here, try this (but for the sake of info, read the whole thread):

http://www.cigargeeks.com/community/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=32371
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what you're saying, Royln, but we know Marty and if it came across like he was giving the OP ****, it wasn't meant that way.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum @bestbrew. I'm sure Marty misread your post, he is a great guy like many others here.

I have not tried that particular cigar so can't help you. Hope you find the newbie thread and introduce yourself. Good to have you, hope you stick around   :)
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    In Jlmarta defense there have been some 1'st posters looking to hawk their goods. Possibly, probably he jumped the gun. I think its a protective instinct like Papa bear protecting the family. I personally have jumped the gun, just ask anyone. There seems to be less tollerance for questions before introductions. But J is old school as I am and one should aways raise their hand (introduction) before asking a question. I am reintroducing myself as an asshat hoping my humidor overflows! Peace Out!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    This place is funny and I don't mean in lol kind of way. Dude ask a simple question and we give him ****...but let some asshat make one simple intro and y'all are ready to fill up their humidors with a freaking newsletter..

for what's it's worth..this place has changed and it hasn't been for the better.

just my thoughts...
    Honestly I think we are getting numb to one hit wonders...yes it's not very nice but I still wonder if this person will respond to any answer and even stick around to view the thoughts of the sticks
    Money can't buy taste
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you post/respond if your first post was responsed to like that? 

A new person to this forum might not know Marty's sensor of humor...or how we bust on each other all the time.

are we basically saying we will take a chance on people as long as they follow our "rule" of making an intro? 

Is it what it is...just remember we were all new here at some point. 

Point I'm trying to make is...**** ain't how it used to be. 

That is al.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep looking at the Osiris V perfecto.
    Don't know anything about it, but it sure looks good. LOL!

That is al.
    Who is Al? 
     :D 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    0patience said:
    I keep looking at the Osiris V perfecto.
    Don't know anything about it, but it sure looks good. LOL!

That is al.
    Who is Al? 
     :D 
    Well played sir!! lol 

let me get that address :)
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it Ro. On the bright side the 3 post you made today are more than you have in the last 3 months
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Well all my 3 post did today was rub some people the wrong way...but I said exactly how I felt at the time, so it is what it is.

but let me stop posting so that I don't hurt anyone else's feeling or get my grammar called out on the forum.

gotta love this place (sometimes).
    edited April 2016

but let me stop posting so that I don't hurt anyone else's feeling or get my grammar called out on the forum.

Uhm. No. @smoke_em_if_you_got_em
    Don't you stop posting.
    And you should know by now that if I see an opening to give someone a bad time, I'll take it. 

No matter what, just like any family, you will eventually rub someone the wrong way.
    They will eventually get over it, or they won't.  B)

I made an attempt at mis-direction and evidently it crashed and burned. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Just meant for the day...I ain't going anywhere....c'mon man!
    Usaf06 said:
    I have it Ro. On the bright side the 3 post you made today are more than you have in the last 3 months
    Send me that addy when you can sir!
    @Usaf06
    Don't you dare.
    You are on my list too, you know.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    @Usaf06
    Don't you dare.
    You are on my list too, you know.

Too late. Already got it!
    edited April 2016
    @Usaf06 just moved to the top of the list.
     >:) 

And this is not the direction this thread should have gone. 
     :s 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • bestbrewbestbrew Posts: 4
    Sorry, didn't mean to violate etiquette...I'm not selling anything, just like the Osiris IV's, and was wondering if anyone else did, and was having as much trouble getting them as I was.....  Thanks for all the info. Good smoking:)
    edited April 2016
    bestbrew said:
    Sorry, didn't mean to violate etiquette...I'm not selling anything, just like the Osiris IV's, and was wondering if anyone else did, and was having as much trouble getting them as I was.....  Thanks for all the info. Good smoking:)
    @bestbrew
     Looks like Ccom is carrying them.
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/11763/osiris-collection/

Why are you having trouble getting them?

I have not tried any of that line, so I can't comment on how they are.
    Stick around, you'll learn to adjust to the chaos. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    You simply asked a question, nothing to apologize for.  I do remember seeing that particular cigar on daily deal (I believe) not to long ago. If I happen to come across some I'll pm you.  :)
  • bestbrewbestbrew Posts: 4
    I tried them when one of the sales guys e-mailed me, and really liked them, ordered more in February, and they are still on backorder....was hoping to find out who actually makes them and go direct to source.  The Osiris 4 is a Salomon shape, and is really fun to smoke. I'm not adept at giving a review, but they are toothy, and really voluminous smokewise, hints of chocolate, and espresso.  I know they have some Nicaraguan filler, but not sure about the rest of the composition.  I'm always looking for that everyday smoke.....Thanks for kind responses.
    I done some quick searches on most the websites I know and only see them listed on ccom.. As @Wylaff said AJ Fernandez makes them so prolly won't find them elsewhere.
    If you call Ccom and ask a rep to let you know when they come in, they can email you and let you know.
    Or have them put you on a list for when they come in.
    They are usually pretty good about that.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    If you call Ccom and ask a rep to let you know when they come in, they can email you and let you know.
    Or have them put you on a list for when they come in.
    They are usually pretty good about that.
    According to Ccom's cigar listings, they have only toros and perfectos in stock at the moment - salomons are on back order. 
    ^^^^^ Hope to one day shake this man's hand and have a smoke.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    ^^^^^ Hope to one day shake this man's hand and have a smoke.
    Just pick up a load going to No.California...  Or, even better, come to Reno in early Oct; I understand Marty is planning on joining us for Wylaff's b'day herf.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis