Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

MAKE THE FORUM GREAT AGAIN !!!!

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
Let's get back to our roots, and make the forum great again!!!

I first joined this forum over 5 years ago, and when I did it was without a doubt the greatest, most welcoming place on the web.  A lot has changed in those 5 years, both here on the forums and at Cigar.com in general, but I believe this forum can still be the greatest one out there.

In my opinion, there has been too much negativity around here lately (myself included) and we have gotten distracted from the true definition of BOTL. 

So I'm asking for everyone's help to restore greatness to the forums!!!!

All trades / bombs from now through June 10, 2016 are eligible for this contest!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To encourage participation this will be a 6 week long, point-scoring, contest. 
I will keep track of the points on this Google Docs Spreadsheet

Ways to earn points:
  • 5 points ---- Send out a bomb (Self explanatory.)
    Note this counts for any kind of bomb: cigars, accessories, beer, snacks, etc. 
    Earn 5 points for each bomb sent.

• For 5 bonus points --- Bomb a "new to you" target. (Send a bomb to someone that you have never bombed or traded with before.) 
    Earn 5 bonus points for each "new to you" person you bomb.

• 5 points ---- Complete a trade. (Self explanatory.)
    Note this counts for any kind of trade: cigars, socks, coffee, etc.

• For 5 bonus points --- Sponsor a "Newbie" trade with a new forum member.  (This must be the "Newbie's" first trade, and the sponsor should add the "Newbie" to the "Good Trader's List" upon completion.) 
    Earn 5 bonus points for each "newbie" trade completed.

• 1 point --- Each cigar that you send out via bomb or trade is worth 1 point.  (Easy way to rack up points.) 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will run for approximately 6 weeks to give everyone ample opportunity to participate.
Contest will close on June 10, 2016 at 1159 PM EST. 
Bombs and trades must be post marked no later than June 10th with the tracking number posted here to be eligible for the contest. 

** IMPORTANT: ** 
Since all trades and bombs through June 10 are eligible for this contest, I don't want to miss anything if it's posted in another thread. 

So, to receive points for a bomb or trade you must either:
1) post the details directly in this thread.
2) or, if you send a bomb or trade and the recipient posts it to a different thread, the sender or recipient needs to post the link here.

Otherwise, it will not be counted!!! 

PRIZES:

Winners will be selected based on the total number of points earned, and will be announced the week of June 13th.   
  • 1st place will receive at least $100 worth of cigars from my B&M.
  • 2nd place will receive at least $50 worth of cigars from my B&M.
  • Additional prizes are possible, but the above is all I can guarantee at this time.

(I will message the winners for a list of likes/dislikes and pick the cigars at my B&M accordingly. Note the B&M has a wide variety of cigars, along with many HTF sticks and some aged stock.)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy snickerdoodles, Batman. This Gibby person is out of control...  :p
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And things just got crazy!!
    side note, at what point can a person sponsor a newbie trade? Certain post count?
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Addy up @miketodd!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeTodd said:
    And things just got crazy!!
    side note, at what point can a person sponsor a newbie trade? Certain post count?
    @MikeTodd ; i believe the original requirement for a sponsor was "someone who has 500+ post and on the good traders list"......

but i know we've had some sponsors with less than 500 posts before, and you've been around long enough, i'd say as long as you're on the good traders list (which i'm pretty sure you are) you're good - sponsor away!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    edited May 2016
    Have fun. 
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @genareddog you are persistent aint ya!
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40 said:
    Have fun. 
    I wonder if I'll make this deadline
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn John, crazy nice of you.  If it's ok with you I would like to not have any links of mine posted here.  I have been short a few times with some of my posts, and I'm sure rubbed some great folks the wrong way.  Due to this I feel as though more deserving individuals should receive points, thank you.  As a side note it was nice that you actually did not leave us for good, it wasn't the same with out you.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    edited May 2016
    Looks like ole Chuck getting a welcome home package. Who's is the other? Todd?
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Lake Forest is @bandyt09
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Looks like ole Chuck getting a welcome home package. Who's is the other? Todd?
    Yep. Just a little payback.
    @usaf06 ; if you can find someone willing to trade for your dirty socks then more power to you lolol. 

@Patrickbrick ; i'm sure i've p!ssed off some people with my posts too so i'm right there with ya.  i would love to see you be a part of this, but if you insist on being excluded from the contest, i'll respect that.  regardless, i hope that all of us (including myself) can try to put the "crap" behind us and make this a better place going forward. 

@CharlieHeis ; our first entry! excellent! 
    i got you marked on the google doc, but please share the links/details here after they land so i can mark down all the details and correct number of points.

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be great!!! Have a few bombs/returnfire that needs to go out :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice contest Gibby. 
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea for a contest, wow, that should get some bombs flying.  

I haven't belonged to many forums but this is without doubt the bestest.  I see more mutual respect here than any other forum I've been on and the generosity is amazing.  Being able to reach out and bomb others is one of the things that is special too.  

Good of you to do this @jgibv
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it.  I need @jgibv 's addy
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    So, what if I bomb you Gibby?  I've never done that before..... does that count for he bonus points? ;)
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will bomb someone else as well.  I like the idea though Gibby
    I have his addy
    -- Winston Churchill

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Digging this! Highly Groovy contest gibby. Unleash the kraken. 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very generous of you @jgibv
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Sweet!! 
    Everybody bomb gibby!
    Whoo hoo!
     :D 
    I second that motion, you forming an alliance?

Al got his newsletter, enjoy bro.
    Albinfk said:
    Well here you go. I just came from the mailbox and found a beautiful box inside. Many thanks to George/ @The3Stogies. They're gorgeous.
    @The3Stogies ; to ensure that I "score" this correctly --- was this a bomb?
    If so, was Al a "new to you" target?  Let me know and I'll get it marked down; thanks!

since i can never tell if ** you people ** are joking or serious....

@rsherman24 , @0patience , @skydiverD , etc..... who mentioned bombing me, i kindly ask that you choose someone else as your target instead. 

for those of you who won't take "no" for an answer, let's work out a trade instead.
    thank you.