Home Non Cigar Related

Holiday by the Numbers...

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
19% of shoppers haven't even started as of today... (Mostly men I presume)

A typical day at my store I will see about 50 customers an hour during the week and maybe 100/hr on weekends...
Today my store had about 400-500 an hour...

70% of retail revenue is done from November to January (Superbowl)

I make a decent salary as a Manager... MY FIRST year as a Sales Manager with how many hours I was working and with what my salary was I was making $3.75 an hour...

See ya'll after the SuperBOWL!

Comments

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    What kind of store do you work at? If its Best Buy or any TV selling store you can expect a PM asking advice.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Allow me to vent at Best Buy...a store I really used to like for it's prices. I went in to the store yesterday to buy a Flip UltraHD and kept looking around and around but couldn't find one (someone had told me they had a bunch in stock). Eventually (after having a personal conversation with another employee for about 10 min right next to me) she asked if she could help and she told me they didn't have the UltraHD in stock and wouldn't till after Christmas.

But I looked and found a bunch of them.

Then I was looking around for the iPod touches and when I asked a young sales associate where they were and he kept walking to whatever his destination was and mumbled what I assume was the location, but I couldn't hear him. I was about to punch him in the back of his head.

Then I found them and all the displays were broken so I couldn't check them out. And then there was other stuff (they ran out of bags so I had to carry my purchases, the guy at check-out couldn't get the security device off the Flip, etc.)
    Just a really annoying trip to Best Buy, which is different than my experiences have been there in the past. I wish Lassy managed my store.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I used to really dislike best buy because the stores used to be really loud and those damn anoying people who say hello and good buy when you enter and leave the store. Recently my wife and I were looking for a surround sound system and found the worlds most helpful sales guy at BB so I have decided to give them another shot. The fact that they will match any other stores price doesn't hurt either.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I actually DO work at a Best Buy... and YES... EVERY store is different..

I've heard all of these horror stories and I just try to compete against that one customer at a time...
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    The Best Buy in Fayetteville, NC (the worst city on the planet, by the way) is actualy the best one I have been to. All the people there seem to know quite a bit about the things in their sections and they are all really friendly. I even got a 15% discount just for having to wait for 30 minutes for something to come off of a truck. I never buy electronics from anywhere else, except car stereo stuff which I have a nice hook up on, Best Buy gets all my business. I love that store. It can be dangerous when I have a little extra cash in my pocket, so I try to stay away unless I really need something!
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Luko:
    Allow me to vent at Best Buy...a store I really used to like for it's prices. I went in to the store yesterday to buy a Flip UltraHD and kept looking around and around but couldn't find one (someone had told me they had a bunch in stock). Eventually (after having a personal conversation with another employee for about 10 min right next to me) she asked if she could help and she told me they didn't have the UltraHD in stock and wouldn't till after Christmas.

But I looked and found a bunch of them.

Then I was looking around for the iPod touches and when I asked a young sales associate where they were and he kept walking to whatever his destination was and mumbled what I assume was the location, but I couldn't hear him. I was about to punch him in the back of his head.

Then I found them and all the displays were broken so I couldn't check them out. And then there was other stuff (they ran out of bags so I had to carry my purchases, the guy at check-out couldn't get the security device off the Flip, etc.)
    Just a really annoying trip to Best Buy, which is different than my experiences have been there in the past. I wish Lassy managed my store.
    And you would think that everybody there would be happy with the steelers pulling out the win
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Xmas has become a sham that's for sure. I went out with my wife yesterday and it was a complete disaster. Lassy, I wish I had BB employees like you around my area. All the people who work in my stores are idiots. Well at least the ones that work in computers, tv's, and appliances. I'd say that out of the times I've had to deal with those departments most of the time I was given the wrong information luckily I researched b4 I went shopping. Though it kills me to hear from my customers the lies (or ill advice) given by BB emplyees (tv's, and computers). It use to be the same for circuit city before they went under. I think these stores should just do a better job of training than they do.