Home Non Cigar Related

Rum

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have read where some really like to pair rum when smoking cigars. Just wondering if any of you guys drink it and if so what kind do you prefer.

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ronny Zacapa 23 year
    Zaya
    Flor de Cana
    I have another that is really good but I can't remember the name

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Agree with @Usaf06 and I would add Kirk and Sweeney
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    El Dorado 12 year, or Captain Morgan 1671 is good for the price. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Usaf06 said:

I have another that is really good but I can't remember the name

It'll come to you in the morning.  :smile:

I like some of the spiced Rums too.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    It was the El dorado
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Agree with @Usaf06 and I would add Kirk and Sweeney

Have you had the 23 year Kirk and Sweeney? Was wondering if it was worth the extra $$.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are so many good rums. Westerhall Plantation is good. Peligroso Anejo is good. When it comes to cigar mouthwash, rum works.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes @gripnrip I have and it is delicious.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Yes @gripnrip I have and it is delicious.

Great-I'll have to give it a taste. Thanks.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirkland Signature
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tried the diplomatico? Good stuffs
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best rum I've seen but never tasted was this. I can't spend that much on rum.

The best rum in my bar that I still haven't tasted, I just have a bottle begging my indulgence  is...

Really pretty bottle. Can't make myself open it.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second the Ron Zacapa, I used to drink the Pusser's, because it was $28 bottle, then the price literally doubled to $56.  Don't drink it anymore.  I also really like the George Bowman, but the wallet usually confines me to Capt. Morgan, any of them, Private Stock being best, or the Sherry Oak Finish when I've got a sweet tooth.

Hmm, there are others, too many, I just like Rum, especially with cigars.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Kirkland Signature
    $14 for 1.75 ML. Made by Captain Morgan, but it tastes better than everything else they make.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    You guys are a bunch of ballers, Admiral Nelson for me  :(
    You guys are a bunch of ballers, Admiral Nelson for me  :(
    Cause you spend all your money on opus 
    -- Winston Churchill

• WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
      Cause you spend all your money on opus 

Padron actually, and the occasional Opus :o
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A day late and a dollar short...

Tuesday, August 16
    National Rum Day 2016

Think I'll have some rum tonight to make up for it.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Zaya is the best I've had but I may hit up Johnny-o just to taste.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havana Club Anajo 7
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After going to Jamaica, I love the Appletons 12 year. Nice and smooth. I also enjoyed the Bacardi Oakheart. Has some similarities to bourbon and that's my drink of choice.