Home General Discussion

Deck ashtrays

Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion

just made a couple of ash tray stands for my back deck. Not perfect, but will work. 
Beats 50 bucks for the store bought ones. 

Comments

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look great 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good to see people actually making what they need, not too much of that happening these days.
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Impressive...
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, I wanted a floor standing ashtray until I saw the prices.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Like it, like it, like it. This is cool. Next time I find somebody tossing an old floor lamp out by the curb I'm gonna grab it and try to do something like this with my old rusted stinky.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if you don't already have a Stinky ashtray, it'd be worth it to pay $50 for the floor model, as opposed to $25 for a taple-top and then modify it.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    But if you don't already have a Stinky ashtray, it'd be worth it to pay $50 for the floor model, as opposed to $25 for a taple-top and then modify it.
    Agree. I don't have the tabletop version so the floor stand is on my 'sometime in the future' list. 
    A co-worker had a floor standing ash tray at work (from back when it was acceptable) and I wish I would have grabbed it when he passed. Cool old school one like something my grandpa had.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fortunate, my son got me the standing Stinky floor model.  It has a small circular shelf that is great for putting a drink on.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    .......I'm gonna grab it and try to do something like this with my old rusted stinky.
    That last sentence could be interpreted different than you intended.  Interesting nickname. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293