Home General Discussion

Cancun cigar tour?

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
going to cancun tomorrow andi im having a hard time finding something cigar related to do. Last trip to the dominican was easy to find things to do....

suggestions?

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inside the Hilton Hotel, they sell "Cuban" Barber poles.  They taste like bird feces. 
    Sorry, that's all I got.  Been years since I've been. Enjoy 
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    there's an lcdh in the hotel zone, just down the street from the kukulcan mall.  only place for legit cc's.  definitely pay a premium for it though since they know all the gringos will pay extra dinero for cubans. 

pro tip:
    the guys walking up and down the beach selling glass top cc sampler boxes are selling fakes.  but if you tell em "no thanks" for the glass top cigars, they'll try to sell you sticks & stems instead (avoid, also low quality). 

best bet for something "cigar related"....is take your own smokes and post up on the beach with some cervezas.  muy bien.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy

Skydive!!!  

(have a cigar afterwards) :D
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Easy

Skydive!!!  

(have a cigar afterwards) :D
    Uhhh you do know who was asking for advice?  I'm not sure if a cannon ball can Skydive!!!  Just kidding Brian.  I have no idea about Cancun.  Just had to poke the bear.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is about what i figured.  

so in short:

glass top cohibas are totally legit
    get barberpole cubans
    and then go to lcdh and pay 35 for a Cohiba Maduro

got it.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Hell, I was in a "cigar shop" right here in my home town today and the guy wanted $25.99 for a Cohiba toro tubo....  Musta had a gold-plated wrapper...... 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also stay away from the guys with cigars laid out on the table at your resort, not so legit. 

You can grab some at the store as you pass immigration before you head to your shuttle at the airport.  Also a little pricey but another way to get some legit CC's.  Otherwise, bring your own.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    In all seriousness im bringing my own but will try to find a cohiba maduro.  Only have the natural for the trip and i want both.

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1 said:
    Yeah, this is about what i figured.  

so in short:

glass top cohibas are totally legit
    get barberpole cubans
    and then go to lcdh and pay 35 for a Cohiba Maduro

got it.

you will do just fine.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1 said:
    In all seriousness im bringing my own but will try to find a cohiba maduro.  Only have the natural for the trip and i want both.

Stop by my house after work.  Then you will have both for the trip!!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    jgibv said:

best bet for something "cigar related"....is take your own smokes and post up on the beach with some cervezas.  muy bien.
    IMHO. This is the best advice right here for Cancun.