Home Non Cigar Related

Big 3-0

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't been on here much the past few weeks. Been planning a big surprise party for Mrs. Puff tomorrow night for our 30th wedding anniversary. Took the day off work so she and I can have the whole day to do some stuff around the city. Taking her to dinner at her favorite restaurant, then bringing her home to a surprise party with some close friends and family and her favorite bluegrass band playing a private concert for her in our living room. Can't wait to see her face when we walk in tomorrow night! 
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang Puffy. How she put up with you for 30yrs? Congrats bro.. Sounds like you have a great evening planned. 
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations,here's to another 30 years 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great accomplishment. Congratulations 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations! I think you have a planned an awesome day. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be doing something right.  And I think I know what that something is.

Keep it going, brother!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your 30 year anniversary :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations sir. That is truly a major accomplishment and rare today. Seems like nowadays many take the easy way out instead of trying to work it out and rediscovering why you got married in the first place. That's a very special day you've planned.
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz puff. That's a huge milestone. My ol' lady just turned 30.  :# I wish ya'll many many more!

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to you and your better half. Sounds like you have put a lot of thought and effort to make her day special. To last 30 years together, this is not the first time you have put her before many other options. Hope both of you have a great day. Well done Doug.

@Puff_Dougie for president!!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's her fave bluegrass band?

We're headed to Breaks Interstate Park weekend of the 12th June for a Bluegrass festival. Thing about Bluegrass is, no one has ever yet played a doleful tune on the banjo. If you ain't feelin happy, go get yourself some Bluegrass.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats puff. That's awesome!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Gratz puff. That's a huge milestone. My ol' lady just turned 30.  :# I wish ya'll many many more!

Since I know what you look like, that's creepy as hell....

;) 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone! I have no idea how she has managed to stick around for 30 years, but I sure am glad she has! Here's a few pictures from the big day...

You for sure married up Puffy... Mrs. Puffy seems like quite the lady. That said she just as lucky to have you, as you are a hellava guy.
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations for the big 30. I think she likes you.

Cheers to the next 30.
    The secret word is cigars! 
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    So what's her fave bluegrass band?

We're headed to Breaks Interstate Park weekend of the 12th June for a Bluegrass festival. Thing about Bluegrass is, no one has ever yet played a doleful tune on the banjo. If you ain't feelin happy, go get yourself some Bluegrass.

Four piece band called the Jakob's Ferry Stragglers (used to call themselves The Weedrags). Here's a video I got last year at the Whiskey Rebellion in Washington, PA...

https://youtu.be/nCOycixYOM4

Yep. Try being bummed out while listenin' to that fiddle!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Great band, I'm a longtime bluegrass fan, looking forward to the http://www.bluegrasspreservation.org weekly podcast and several weekly radio shows. The podcast DJ is a cornball but he plays great music. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats Puffy, well done on the first 30, sounds like a nice celebration
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Doug. It ain't no small feat. Must be doin' somethin' right. Keep at it. God bless you. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Congrats brother!
    Guess I'll have to think of something special. 
    It is a huge accomplishment in this day and age. 
    It is a testament to the type of person you and your wife are.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Mr and Mrs Puff!  That's quite an accomplishment, she has to be a patient and understanding lady, lol.  You must have some good memories from those 30 years though.  Hope you have a great time, cheers to you both.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on 30 years of bliss and to 30 more. Very nice.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @Bob_Luken. Sorry... got carried away.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @Bob_Luken. Sorry... got carried away.
    I'm just bustin' your balls. I'm proud for you.