Home Ratings & Reviews

Ashton VSG

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just had my first one the other night and I must say I was pretty disappointed. Much milder than I expected and not much taste to it. It wasn't horrible or anything but it left me wanting. Maybe my hopes were to high. 

Comments

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    My reactions are similar. I've had a couple of these as well and I thought they were okay, but not even close to the hype. I expected a lot more boldness and complexity, but they turned out to be pretty ordinary. 
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I like the VSG. Nice break from all the Tats. 
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    BLASPHEMERS!

>:)

Oh, wait, I haven't tried that. 

Carry on!
    I think SOMEONE is deservin' of a whuppin'.  :*
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot said:
    BLASPHEMERS!

>:)

Oh, wait, I haven't tried that. 

Carry on!
    I think SOMEONE is deservin' of a whuppin'.  :*
    uh-oh :o
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashton VSG is one of my favs. If any of you fellas have any you want to get rid of please let me know and I'll properly dispose of them for you. :)  
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had one, but I do have one sitting in the humi. I'm gonna wait to smoke it till July.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I much prefer the Ashton Heritage Puro Sol
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    Echambers said:
    Never had it. Does it got more body?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hells to the yeah...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Never been much of a Ashton fan I seem to chuck more out the window then I do finish them. But yeah the vsg really falls short of you buy into the hype. But if you go into it with a this is probably gonna suck attitude it's a solid stick. I had a 3yr old torp not too long ago and it exceeded my expectations
    Money can't buy taste
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    In my "try everything" journey, I bought an Ashton sampler that included a VSG.  I really enjoyed it. If you're looking primarily for strength, I wouldn't recommend it, but it's a good, smooth medium body smoke.

This said, I may never smoke another Ashton.  My journey has taught me that there are many enjoyable cigars, and to my pedestrian palate, I haven't run into any cigar that truly redefined cigar-smoking bliss for me.  I'm not unhappy with this conclusion.

Kipling was a wise man.
  • DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    When introduced, the VSG was considered to be a real powerhouse.  By today's standards, not so much.  I used to keep a few boxes of them on hand at all times.  As time went by, however, I found that quality of construction began to suffer to the point that there were cigars that cost less than half as much that were better made and just as satisfying.  The VSG does have a rather unique medium to full body profile.  If less expensive, I'd jump back in.