Home Ratings & Reviews

Obsidian White Noise vs AF Hemingway

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
Having a local debate over the merits of the two sticks. My favorite B&M always seems to have the Hemingways, but they ran out! That resulted in trying an Obsidian based on a recommendation. Now we are embroiled in the argument over which is better and I thought I'd throw it out there to the band of brothers for discussion.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That all depends on the person's tastes.
    While I would say the Hemmingway hands down, I love cameroon wrappers.
    But the next person could say Obsidian, if that is the style of cigar they prefer.

If you are talking construction, draw and presentation, I still have to give it to Fuente. 
    Just my opinion.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I would agree, the Cameroon wrapper gives the Hemingway a rich finish that the Obsidian lacks and it's hard to beat AM for quality of construction. I will say that, though totally different in character, the Obsidian is loaded with interesting flavor. In the end, we have agreed to disagree here!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Hemingway.

Especially a maduro Hemingway, but even the regular Cameroon gets my vote over Obsidian.  Didn't like it's original, and though the White Noise hits my wheelhouse more, it still seems like I'm smoking from the ash end of the stick to me.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Hemingway, all the way. I've had one Obsidian, which was okay, but the Cameroon and Maduro wrappers of the Hemingway, plus their generally smaller ring gauges, makes them immensely memorable.  
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Hemmingway.... For sure. Its one of my favorites. BUT I did enjoy the Obsidian and have enjoyed it many times afterwards.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang. I'm gonna have to try the Hemmingway. LOL. So little time so many different smokes..  LOL. 

I like the Obsidian. It's one I classify as pretty good, and can be had for a song.  I won't load up on them but will put a 5'er in when I run out. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Dang. I'm gonna have to try the Hemmingway. LOL. So little time so many different smokes..  LOL. 
    Hmmm.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    No need. I have them chilling in the humi.  B)
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ He lies^^^^
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Decided I might as well smoke a couple Hemingways just to be sure I really liked them as much as I thought I did and I was right- I do  :D Now I'm out and I have to order more. 
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Surprised you haven't tried.. Fantastic stick in my opinion. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot said:
    Hemingway, all the way. I've had one Obsidian, which was okay, but the Cameroon and Maduro wrappers of the Hemingway, plus their generally smaller ring gauges, makes them immensely memorable.  
    This, right here!  I like the Obsidian, but really, dude...Hemingway all the way!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    Three "Disagrees" on @skydiverD's  post? Tough crowd.... :'(
    raisindot said:
    skydiverD said:
    Three "Disagrees" on @skydiverD's  post? Tough crowd.... :'(
    :'(