Home Non Cigar Related

This is where I live.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
I sometimes hate, but often love it.

https://youtu.be/MekUXGfeD4w
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call "false advertising"!  Nowhere in that 4min. was it raining, misting, or foggy.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    peter4jc said:
    I call "false advertising"!  Nowhere in that 4min. was it raining, misting, or foggy.
    There was. Toward the end where the drone rose ABOVE the fog.
    Now you can see why I have a love/hate relationship to the area I live in.

When it is nice, it is REALLY nice.
    To add, this was made by a production company to make the area appealing.
    So filming a rainy area probablywasn't a good selling point.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks amazing enough to live through all that rain. Gorgeous.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that whole Oregon coast is awesome
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the pleasure back in 2000 of visiting friends in Brookings during blackberry season. I fell in love with the place. The sea stacks on the coast, visiting Stout Grove, swimming in the swimming holes in the rivers, taking walks in the foggy mornings, and eating some amazing seafood all added up to make me never want to leave. 

The only fault I could find was that I couldn't pump my own gas, lol. 

I heart costal Oregon. 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Oh yeah, almost forgot.
    The waterfall shown in where they filmed one of the fight scenes in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    jarubla said:
    I had the pleasure back in 2000 of visiting friends in Brookings during blackberry season. I fell in love with the place. The sea stacks on the coast, visiting Stout Grove, swimming in the swimming holes in the rivers, taking walks in the foggy mornings, and eating some amazing seafood all added up to make me never want to leave. 

The only fault I could find was that I couldn't pump my own gas, lol. 

I heart costal Oregon. 
    Yeah Oregon is backasswards on the gas pumping.
    We voted a few years back to allow self service gas and Portland and Eugene were at the forefront to defeat the bill.

Blackberry season is funny. 
    How many 5 gallon buckets did you fill?
    We're spraying blackberry plants to kill them off and we still end up with tons.
    They are a weed and grow everywhere. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to pump my gas surprised me, but not as much as seeing the teen hired to pump smoke while doing it.  Beautiful state with great coffee, beer, & grub.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that lighthouse.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why in the world would you not be allowed to pump your own gas??????  That is crazy. 

Other er than that it sounds like a great place to visit. Too many rainy days to live there. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

matkn293 said:
    Why in the world would you not be allowed to pump your own gas??????  That is crazy. 

Other er than that it sounds like a great place to visit. Too many rainy days to live there. 
    This year, legislators passed a bill that would allow rural Oregonian gas station owners to allow people to pump their own gas.
    But it hasn't actually taken place yet and no gas station owners have chosen that option.So it still remains illegal to pump your own gas.

It seems that we are too stupid to safely pump our own gas.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where Goonies was filmed.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I miss the days pulling into a gas station and having an attendant pump the gas, wash the windshield and maybe check the oil. I guess I'm old fashion, was a nice service.

Like some liquor stores in Texas where you pull into a barn and a pretty lady asks you what ya want then she goes and fetches it for ya. Truck stops need bikini babe attendants.  If a large chain did that they would get all my business. 
    Goonies, Short Circuit, Kindergarten Cop, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, Free Willy 1 & 2,Benji the Hunted, The Ring 1 & 2, The Black Stallion and The Guardian were all filmed here.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goonies was the best of all those and made me want to live there when. I was a kid. Short circuit was a classic too
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

So you like Goonies, do ya?
    Hmm.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Oregon is beautiful, never got to the coast but it reminded me of Maine.  
    Oregon is beautiful, never got to the coast but it reminded me of Maine.  
    It is very similar to Maine.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get offered to have my windshield washed or oil checked if I recall correctly, just not allowed to pump my own gas.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I spent a few days in Astoria back in 1999 during a year long road trip. We almost didn't leave. Nice video and indeed a beautiful place.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    We've said several times our next major family vacation is going to be to the Oregon coast.  Wife and I visited without the kids a few years ago when I was out there for a job interview in Newberg.  Loved it.  It helped that it was August, low 70s and only rained once while we were there, I'm sure.  We didn't head north, instead headed South on 101 from Lincoln City down to Newport and Seal Rock.  But I did see some cool Goonies graffiti!  And I ate lots of Tillamook cheese.  From the normal cheese shelf at the grocery store, not the specialty cheese section like you have to get it from here.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    You should go to the Tillamook Cheese Factory.
    It's about 60 miles south of us.

My wife and I stay at Seal Rock Adobe Resort quite a bit. It's far enough away from home that we can have a weekend getaway and not have to deal with anything.

If you liked Lincoln City, Seaside is similar and set up to walk most of the attraction area. And if you hit it right, they have a huge volleyball tournament, Cannon Beach has a huge sand castle building event and Long Beach (across the river) has a huge kite festival.

I had to go to Newport and Coos Bay a couple weeks ago to do a bunch of diagnostic work on some pieces of equipment. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone got a new camera drone....nice scenery but that'd be 100 times better if the video creator made some camera adjustments (exposure, white balance)...
    or did some color correcting in post.

most of those shots are super washed out and i'm guessing they don't do justice for the location.   

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

36 miles from my house. 
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy stuff. Did you take those ?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    Crazy stuff. Did you take those ?
    Those are just the atmospheric conditions created when Randy starts throwing those bombs out...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    Be safe
    I'm truckin thru, wish me luck  B)
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful brother!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.