Home General Discussion

ISO special cigar box...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a friend who is looking for a cigar box that she can convert to a backgammon board. Brand is not important, but the hinge needs to be set in the center so that the bottom and lid are equal when it is laid open. Anybody have a box like that they would be willing to donate or trade for some sticks?
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take a look and see what I have. Will let you know if something works. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    you may want to look more into a flat box such as a Liga Unico series, or an old Tatuaje Tubo box.  There are other cigars that come in 10 count boxes and these may be where you start your search.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe ave maria reconquista, my father le bijou, or AVO 10 ct boxes would be close to "symmetrical." 

might still have to modify it though, dunno if i've ever seen a perfectly "symmetrical" cigar box before, but then again i've never paid that close of attention to it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have a couple Reconquista boxes, Doug.  They're huge, and have some dividers glued in the bottom, but if you want one or two of 'em, they're yours.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • WoodguardenWoodguarden Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    MOW Ruination box is large and square, but I don't have one  :/
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I was thinking the same thing but not home to look.. 

I'm unloading in Denver in the morning Puffy,  50/50 chance I head to Dodge City after.. If so I send 1 your way.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:

I'm unloading in Denver in the morning Puffy,  50/50 chance I head to Dodge City after.. If so I send 1 your way.
    Don't do it Puff!!! Knowing the crazy cat, he will send you three boxes...that are full!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a MOW OCC and a Zino Platinum box that are nearly symmetrical but they don't open all the way to lay flat. 
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    MikeTodd said:
    kswildcat said:

Don't do it Puff!!! Knowing the crazy cat, he will send you three boxes...that are full!
    Puff, forward your mail to my address. I will take one for the "team" so to speak. xD
    Crisius said:
    MikeTodd said:
    kswildcat said:

Puff, forward your mail to my address. I will take one for the "team" so to speak. xD
    Don't worry buckwheat, ur day is coming.  :)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found one at my local B&M that I think will work, as long as it's big enough...

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    edited May 2016
    That looks perfect... 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a cool idea
    A little dirt never hurt
    kswildcat said:
    Crisius said:
    MikeTodd said:
    kswildcat said:

I get a whole day? Golly gee willickers, that sounds wonderful.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisius said:
    kswildcat said:

Careful, @Crisius, that kitty has a mean streak. I mean, he picks on oldfarts so why would he not go after you, too?   B)
    jlmarta said:
    Crisius said:
    kswildcat said:

Careful, @Crisius, that kitty has a mean streak. I mean, he picks on oldfarts so why would he not go after you, too?   B)
    @jlmarta You seen what he's been sending out? He's gotta be bone dry by now. No chance in hell does he have anything left. And he couldn't possibly send enough to refill my Humi. As much as I appreciate the generosity here, I feel no-one is that generous. xD