Home Ratings & Reviews

Perdomo Reserve Champagne Noir Robusto

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
Got this one from a friend back in January and decided to light it up tonight. It had a wonderful, slightly earthy nose with a hint of bittersweet chocolate before I lit it. Started out strong and sharp for the first third, but towards the middle it became more balanced and there were hints of coffee. Lots of smoke and good draw. Had a hard time keeping it lit though. By the final third and the third touch up to keep it burning, it seemed to run to pepper and leather. All in all not a bad smoke, but not one I'd buy a box of. I haven't tried many Perdomos. Anyone have a suggestion for a second stick from the brand?

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot 23
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistake, natural wrapper

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I like their Reserve 10th Champagne.  Smoked something else from them recently that I liked, too.  I'm not a huge fan of the Lot 23 but others rave about them; they always have an acrid taste and give me a punch in the gut for a couple hours after.  It's probably in my head at this point with them.  But I found the 20th Anniversary Sun Grown and Maduro to be a lot like the Lot 23 but without the two major negatives.  I only smoked one of each, but thought they were really good.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Noir line. Have had the super toro and torpedo and never had any burn issues. Ordered a box of each and they do need rest as all the BOTL schooled me on. They were very bitter and after a month they now are so much better and will give them some more time. Also love the 20th Anniversary Maduro and Habano Maduro.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perdomo Small Batch...yummy!
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Another nod to the mistake. I've had both the natural and the maduro. Being a maduro lover, I really prefer the natural in this blend. Tierra Del Sol if you can find one. Both of these are on the cheap but really taste much more expensive. On the higher end, I really enjoy the Habano line. All 3 of them. There used to be a six pack (2 each) sampler for dirt cheap. Haven't seen it in a while.