Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel The Edge A10

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Ratings & Reviews
Corona Gordo 6.0x52 Medium strength 
This was a 10th Anniversary issue of the Edge and as an homage to its roots, the cigar used a Honduran Corojo and Costa Rican Maduro wrapper in a Barber pole style. The construction was excellent and the pre-burn scent had warm notes of hay.
The cigar toasted well and lit evenly. The first notes I caught were of wheat and crackers. The cigar had a nice feel, good draw and decent, but not rich or chewy smoke. 
After the 1st 3rd the cigar was still burning evenly, holding a pretty, white-grey ash and giving hints of green tea and some spice.
The aromas seemed to intensify near the middle of the smoke, still balanced and somewhat smoother than I was expecting from an Edge. 
I am not usually one to see how long I can hang on to an ash, but for some reason I let this one go until it dropped under its own weight at about the half, so I was impressed with that. Right at the drop, the burn grew predictably hotter and the smoke was sharp and dry in the throat, but within a couple puffs had returned to a cooler, smoother taste from earlier.
The final third was a bit heavy and notes of roasted nuts and coffee seemed to replace the elements of toast and wood of the 2nd 3rd.
This was a complex smoke for an Edge. Not a bowl you over strong smoke, but certainly bold and full-bodied as you'd expect from the franchise. I wish now I had been able to get a few of these as I bet they would be wonderful to have in the aging humi to return to in the months and years to come.
Well worth getting if one can be found now.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I did enjoy this cigar and not being a rp fan was very impressed. Construction was good and I thought this cigars has a lot of potential through the years
    Money can't buy taste
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did enjoy this cigar and not being a rp fan was very impressed. Construction was good and I thought this cigars has a lot of potential through the years
    If Lee likes it, then it must be pretty good.

https://youtu.be/vYEXzx-TINc
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    If Lee likes it, then it must be pretty good.

https://youtu.be/vYEXzx-TINc
    Damn skippy lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patels are what got me into Cigars in the first place. The Edge was one of my first ever smokes. I have fond memories of hacking up a lung after inhaling and then googling if I should be inhaling on a cigar. xD Aww, the days of my youth. xD
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    If that is a fond memory, I'd hate to hear your horror stories!  :D