Home Ratings & Reviews

Chisel tips vs round heads

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Ratings & Reviews
Which draws better, all else being the same?

Chisel tips vs round heads 5 votes

Chisel
20%
VegasFrank 1 vote
Round
80%
0patienceLiquidChaos66WylaffAlbinfk 4 votes

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Never had a chisel tip cigar, so I'll abstain from voting.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't offer enough options. There are a few variables that come to mind.....   B)
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a chisel tip either, so I won't vote.  But that never stopped me from forming an opinion and spouting off.  :smile:

Neither would inherently have a better or worse draw.  Figurados (think chisel, topedo, belicoso, salomon, perfecto) are harder to roll well than parejos. but when done properly will draw just as well.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round
    The shape of a chisel only exists in the LFD line, and I have never had any draw issues with them at all. I did vote that the round head have better draw just because of the potential for error.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    The shape of a chisel only exists in the LFD line, and I have never had any draw issues with them at all. I did vote that the round head have better draw just because of the potential for error.
    MOW side project 52C ( I think the C stands for...)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round
    I apologize, I was mistaken. 

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/16514 ?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    So, with a chisel tip, do you?

1. Punch cut it top and bottom like Litto Gomez recommends to get the most flavor on your palate 
    2. Guillotine cut it
    3. Pinch it open by squeezing the chisel

If I had made it to the LFD event at my local, I'd have some experience.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    pinch it or guillotine cut it 

ive tried the double punch method and i wasn't impressed.

i would like to try and V-cut it along with a pinch and see what happened
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I definitely just pinch it. I have not found enough of them to really judge that well. They may burn a little better than a true Torpedo, but I don't think so far there is any difference in the Chisel and the round.