Home Cigar 101

Humidor Brand

spartanfunspartanfun Posts: 22
Found a gorgeous humidor on craigslist but cant find any info about it or the brand that made it online. Hoping someone has an idea about it. I didnt buy it but wanted to ask first. its brand new never used.
It says its The Crown Collection designed by Bradshaw

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging the the first picture it doesn't close properly and wouldn't get a seal. I would pass. If your looking for a humidor get a cooler or a wine cooler that is thermoelectric. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say if you like the looks of it, go buy it.  If the seal sucks, make it better.

Let us know if you need help filling it.  ;-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • spartanfunspartanfun Posts: 22
    i asked about the seal @Usaf06, the pics are a little deceiving it has an inner ledge that meets the lid edge.if you look at the other pics you can teal

@peter4jc we shall see still thinking about it, plus the Misses has to approve. ha! yes i def need help filling it! main reason i havent got much bc i havent bought a humidor yet, ive just got a small 10ct cigar caddy

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    St. Nick is correct... unless you're hung up on the looks of wood, you'd be doing yourself a big favor going with a cooler and/or wineador.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen to these guys!
    Yea I'm gonna pass on it,

not sure about a wineador or cooler though... limited space, still working on building my palate and of course financially can't afford to have a stash of more then 20-30 sticks.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what you can afford and what you will end up with are two entirely different things, think big grasshopper, you will need it
    A little dirt never hurt
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cheaper to buy in bulk.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tupperware and boveda to start. Cheap, simple, practically fool proof. Always go bigger later and if you stick around here you will.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Thanks guys appreciate the input 
    Yep I see it growing lol... might have to roll with the tubaware and boveda pack for a while 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For lots of storage space and very little entry cost, Cooler with kitty litter can all be done and setup for less than $50 and store several hundred cigars. 

I've got a 50qt Igloo setup that way with cedar inside, 18 bottle wine cooler converted to a wineador (thanks to wineadors.com) and two 150t desktop humis. As everyone else has said, think big and you will be a-ok.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."